Staff Nurse (PT 10-Months)
Staff Nurse (PT 10-Months)
The Staff Nurse will provide primary health care to students in Health Services. The Nurse is responsible for ensuring the provision of primary health care, health promotion and education to Holy Family University students. The Nurse must provide safe care to the student body and follow Pennsylvania Health Laws and other pertinent regulations governing the operation of Health Services. This position requires a Staff Nurse capable of working autonomously, while collaborating with the Director of Health Services and a consulting physician, as needed
The Staff Nurse must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Available immediately, this part-time position is generally scheduled for 28 hours per week from August through May.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess students’ health status; identifies acute, chronic and emergency needs; and makes appropriate referrals for students requiring medical care to the providers, area urgent care centers or medical specialists in the community as needed.
- Performs venipuncture and tuberculosis testing.
- Performs/assists with COVID testing and monitoring according to the guidelines of the CDC and Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
- Counsels and educates patients about COVID-19 mitigation.
- Counsels and educates patients about health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Assess actual or potential hazards and current health status, including health behavior related to life style and culture.
- Provides emergency and/or acute care for specific students as directed.
- Provides follow up services to students treated in the Health Clinic as indicated.
- Maintains confidential records according to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996(HIPPA).
- Adheres to the requirements of the collaborative agreement.
- Communicates with the local and state health departments for any issues or concerns affecting the campus community (i.e. Reporting communicable diseases, contact tracing).
- Maintains medical records using Dr. Chrono EMR system.
- Inputs health data for incoming, full time undergraduate students into Colleague.
· Associate’s degree with LPN required. RN preferred.
· Experience contact tracing cases of COVID-19 required. Certification course in Contact Tracing preferred.
· Minimum of two years of nursing experience in college health, emergency room, public health, school health, or another outpatient setting. Experience working in an educational environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and procedures.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community.
· Understanding of wellness, illness prevention, and health promotion.
· Experience and competency in health education and health promotion programs and activities.
· Understand CDC Guidelines regarding COVID-19.
· Collaborative liaison skills in order to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team at University Health Services, University administrators, faculty, and other community partners.
· Strong assessment and critical thinking skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Comfortable working autonomously.
· Maintains consistent and positive customer relations, responding to requests in an efficient and timely manner.
· Ability to work with students and staff from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary, and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.