Sandhills Community College is seeking applicants for an Accountant in the Business and Finance Department. Reporting directly to the AVP Finance/Chief Financial Officer, this Accountant will become proficient in all business office processes, policies and procedures. The person works to ensure the college's financial statements are accurate, complete, and in compliance with GAAP.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage State budget entries and reconciliations;
- Process large dollar purchasing requests;
- Administer State and Federal Grants;
- Provide purchasing training to managers and other administrative staff;
- Analyze expenditures for compliance with approved budget and local, state and federal regulations;
- Maintain, train, and support management with college budgeting system;
- Assist CFO and Controller with year-end financial statement preparation;
- Assist Controller and Director of Student Accounts with other business office duties;
- Other duties as deemed necessary for the function of the college.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting or business, and a minimum of two years' experience in accounting, preferably in governmental accounting.
- Preferred knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices. In addition, must be able to use hardware and software related to both the personal computer and the college ERP system.
- Must also possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, students, the System-office, and with colleagues. Professional development travel may be required.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until January 21, 2022. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.