Academic Programs Manager II
Posting Number: req8227
Department: School of Information
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The School of Information invites applicants for the position of Assistant Director, Administrative Operations (Academic Programs Manager II). The Assistant Director, Administrative Operations is responsible for all administrative and operational functions of the School of Information in support of all of its instructional, research, and outreach activities. This position supervises department staff, works with internal university offices and external constituencies ensuring effective outcomes within university policies and procedures. This position reports to the Director of the School.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day administrative and operational activities across the School of Information, these include instructional, research, and outreach activities. Develops objectives and activities based on department goals.
- Oversees the ongoing execution of all degree programs and certificates and works with faculty, staff, and administration to develop and oversee solutions that address ongoing and newly identified unit needs.
- Develops data-driven assessments for enrollment management, resource utilization, market research, and advises school leadership on appropriate direction.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of unit activities and recommends improvements.
- Manages processes and accreditation cycles for the American Library Association, Association for Library & Information Science Education, Arizona Library Association, and the Committee on Accreditation
- Works proactively and professionally with university colleagues in UA Global, Academic Affairs & Enrollment Management, and other central offices to ensure smooth operation of new degree programs.
- Works with school leadership and faculty on development and funding opportunities.
- Works with PIs and graduate students to provide administrative and operational support to research projects.
- Collaborates with the business center on the accurate fulfillment of financial obligations, personnel matters, research proposals, and other activities.
- Manage all facilities and technology needs for the school.
- Manages Alumni relation efforts, and external activities (advisory boards, community partners, employers, etc.).
- Oversees projects with SBS Marketing and Communications, and supervise staff efforts tied to social media, promotional materials, web updates, and advertising collateral
- Manage global activities, including the review of complex agreements, navigation of visa and international matters, enrollment management, program administration, in coordination with UA Global and UpGrad India.
- Represents the department and serves on various department and university committees as needed.
- Ensures the school follows all policies, procedures, and guidelines across the entire organizational structure of the university
- Supervises, trains, mentors, reviews, and ensures coverage for all staff of the school.
- Approves timesheets and maintains staff work schedules.
- Attends supervisor trainings and abides by all supervisory responsibilities, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures efficient and effective coverage of administrative and operational needs. Responsible for implementation of workflow procedures.
- Resolves issues relating to staff, works with staff to maintain and meet deadlines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience, with 2 of those years being managerial experience
- Master's degree
- Experience with UArizona's UAccess proprietary software
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $62,038 - $65,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Academic Program Mgmt
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.