Admissions Professional I, College of Public Health
Posting Number: req8347
Department: AZCOPH Stdt Svcs & Acad Affrs
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Drachman Hall, 1295 N. Martin, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health seeks an Admissions Coordinator to develop and implement strategies to support the college enrollment objectives. This position will serve as point of contact for prospective students navigating the application and admissions process. The position will assist students in their successful matriculation into the institution. This position will also maintain student admissions databases and collaborate on retention initiatives.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support graduate application systems SOPHAS and GradApp.
- Review graduate admissions applications for completeness in preparation for faculty review and correspond with applicants regarding admissions decisions.
- Maintain undergraduate and graduate admissions database and generate enrollment reports.
- Assist Office of Student Services and Alumni Affairs staff and College of Public Health stakeholders to strategize and achieve enrollment goals.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Recruiter to plan and implement programs and initiatives for admitted and prospective students.
- One year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
MPH degree from CEPH accredited university.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.69 - $22.58
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.