Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior
Posting Number: req8233
Department: COM Info Technology Services
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Medicine-Tucson's Information Technology Services (COM-T ITS) within the University of Arizona provides excellent customer service and expertise in technology solutions to the COM-T user base. The successful candidate of this Information Technology Support Analyst (IT Services Coordinator II) position will act as an escalation point on complex technical issues for other members of the COM-T ITS Computer Services Team. The selected candidate will also be a direct point of contact for high profile members of the departments they are assigned to support.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to COM-T ITS customer base via the COMHelp desk, phone support, and in-person support for any tier 1 through 3 issues, as well as perform some or all of the responsibilities of IT Services Coordinator I.
- Troubleshoot and resolve widely varied and complex hardware and software issues.
- Test/evaluate and review new versions of communication hardware and software.
- Serve as a technical escalation point of contact, coordinate work for an assigned group of members of the COM-T ITS Computer Services Team and oversee the coordination of project activities in all phases.
- Serve on and constructively contribute to task force and strategic committees for initiatives that impact the ITS Computer Services Team.
- Document and organize any and all processes or troubleshooting relevant to the work of COM-T ITS Computer Services Team.
- Assist with on-boarding and training of new members of the ITS Computer Services Team via direct training and shadowing.
- Participate in evaluation, vetting, testing, and implementation of new software systems and tools.
- May also participate in identifying/coordinating any budgetary aspects of service requests and or service tickets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
*Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems. *Prior work experience and comfort with the installation, configuration and support of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. *Experience with the installation, usage and support of desktop applications such as Office 365; Adobe Creative Cloud; EndNote; Microsoft Teams; Zoom; SPSS; JAMF; and Sophos Antivirus. *Experience providing PC hardware troubleshooting and replacement. *Demonstrated excellence in customer service, technical problem solving and collaboration. *Comprehensive knowledge of and prior work experience providing desktop support in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory domain environment. *Knowledge of computer networks and remote troubleshooting techniques. *Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange account administration. *Experience in supporting mobile devices such as Apple iPads and Microsoft Surface Tablets in a business or educational setting. *Experience in developing documentation and delivering training on the usage of computing and technology resources. *Understanding of information security best practices and regulatory compliance areas such as HIPAA, FISMA, FERPA and PCI, and how they affect the configuration, use and support of information technology resources. *Ability to interact in a courteous and professional manner with all levels of administrators, faculty, staff and students, including the ability to discern what needs communicated when, and the ability to effectively manage both confrontational and normal situations. *Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment. *Passion for sharing information and new technology with others. *Strong verbal and written communication skills. *Demonstrated success adapting to and thriving in an environment undergoing organizational change. *Desire to continuously improve both technical and interpersonal skills. *Ability to learn job related skills through on the job training, including observation, written and oral instruction and formal training sessions.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Casandra Sanchez | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.