Information Technology Support Analyst
Posting Number: req8232
Department: COM Info Technology Services
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Medicine-Tucson is seeking an Information Technology Support Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing secure, reliable, strategic IT solutions in support of customer services and collaborative innovation; consistent with the College of Medicine's current and future strategic plans. The incumbent will spend much of their time in the field, working hands-on with equipment and interacting with customers, while adhering to our ticket handling standards. They will also have opportunities to provide remote support and research complex problems with their colleagues.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide prompt and professional response to requests for computing and technology support at multiple locations in the Tucson metropolitan area (i.e; Banner South, Alvernon Clinic).
- Make contact with customers via phone, chat, e-mail and/or in-person, to resolve technical incidents on-site or by using remote tools.
- Document, classify and update the status of all support requests in the incident tracking system as work is completed. Regularly communicate the status of unresolved incident tickets with customers.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve reported problems with software, equipment, and network connections.
- Consult with senior staff and collaborate with technology partners such as University Information Technology Services (UITS), Banner University Medicine ISS, and contracted vendors, to ensure thorough and timely resolution of customer support needs.
- Escalate incidents to management as needed to address barriers to delivering exceptional support.
- Ensure that any network-attached devices such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers are in compliance with university, college and other applicable IT security policy standards.
- Meet with faculty and staff to determine equipment and software solutions to meet project needs, conduct product/price/vendor research, and deploy solutions after acquisition.
- Deliver, set up, and configure Windows 10 and Mac OS X systems, printers, scanners, mobile devices and other technology items.
- Maintain inventory of computing and technology equipment and software as items are deployed or relocated. Create reports and make recommendations for upgrades and replacement.
- Review self-help materials and knowledge base content for accuracy and usability. Recommend improvements and new content needs.
- Prepare documentation and provide user training on numerous IT resources.
- Provide backup coverage when needed at the ITS Service Desk in the Arizona Health Sciences Library. Answer incoming telephone calls and assist walk-up customers with technology support needs.
- Share knowledge with team members through various means, including the drafting of knowledge base articles, team-meeting presentations, and the use of collaboration tools.
- Participate in instructor-led or self-paced training/learning opportunities to continually sharpen technical and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
*Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems. *Prior work experience and comfort with the installation, configuration and support of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. *Experience with the installation, usage and support of desktop applications such as Office 365; Adobe Creative Cloud; EndNote; Microsoft Teams; Zoom; SPSS; JAMF; and Sophos Antivirus. *Experience providing PC hardware troubleshooting and replacement. *Demonstrated excellence in customer service, technical problem solving and collaboration. *Comprehensive knowledge of and prior work experience providing desktop support in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory domain environment. *Knowledge of computer networks and remote troubleshooting techniques. *Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange account administration. *Experience in supporting mobile devices such as Apple iPads and Microsoft Surface Tablets in a business or educational setting. *Experience in developing documentation and delivering training on the usage of computing and technology resources. *Understanding of information security best practices and regulatory compliance areas such as HIPAA, FISMA, FERPA and PCI, and how they affect the configuration, use and support of information technology resources. *Ability to interact in a courteous and professional manner with all levels of administrators, faculty, staff and students, including the ability to discern what needs communicated when, and the ability to effectively manage both confrontational and normal situations. *Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment. *Passion for sharing information and new technology with others. *Strong verbal and written communication skills. *Demonstrated success adapting to and thriving in an environment undergoing organizational change. *Desire to continuously improve both technical and interpersonal skills. *Ability to learn job related skills through on the job training, including observation, written and oral instruction and formal training sessions.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.70 - $22.58
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Casandra Sanchez I firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.