The Center for Workforce Development (CWD) at William James College is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide clerical, administrative, and project support to the CWD. The Administrative Assistant will serve as the primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies; participate in the coordination and completion of special projects and events; and maintain current knowledge of appropriate college and academic policies, processes, and procedures. This is a full-time position, with a preference for candidates with language proficiency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole or Mandarin. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Associate Vice President for Workforce Initiatives & Specialty Training.
- Provide administrative support to the CWD staff, faculty and affiliated programs to implement project goals and objectives.
- Build strong relationships with internal departments and external partner agencies.
- Engage in recruitment efforts for the College’s workforce development initiatives.
- Manage the application review process for work placement sites, schedule interviews for applicants, keep applicants informed throughout the application review and decision-making process, and maintain records of all student outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Create and administer databases for all work placement sites and student records.
- Coordinate didactic seminars and other trainings for students, staff, supervisors, and partner agencies.
- Offer administrative support for conferences, workshops, and other professional development events.
- Coordinate program calendars, meetings, and mailing lists in an organized manner.
- Design and disseminate newsletters, event flyers, and program announcements.
- Create social media presence and other web-based platforms to raise awareness of CWD programs.
- Maintain communications with staff, project evaluator, and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in psychology, social work, human services or a related field, and a minimum of two years of work-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and experience working with culturally diverse populations and underserved communities.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and provide excellent customer service.
- Experience with building effective partnerships with community-based organizations.
- Strong organizational, project management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish, Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole, or Mandarin.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Zoom, and other web-based tools as well as social media platforms.
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Applicant must be able to assume employment in the United States without College Sponsorship.
To apply, please visit our career center: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=40dab9cd-14a1-4d29-b356-da8c9cb6fb6f&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
Applications will be reviewed when submitted, and considered until the position is filled.