Executive Assistant to the President's Office
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our Chicago Office. Candidate must have the flexibility to be in office (minimum 4 days per week), potential for additional hybrid work when scheduling will allow .
The President's Office Executive Assistant will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support to the President's Office Manager and the Manager of Board Affairs. Together the team supports the Chief of Staff and President of the organization, manages short- and long-term projects, and provides departmental oversight.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, modify, and proofread documents, including meeting agendas, meeting materials, correspondence, articles, reports, and memos.
- Submit, reconcile, and track departmental expense reports and invoices.
- Coordinate executive travel and assure smooth travel experience.
- Assist with calendar management, schedule meetings/appointments, and related materials.
- Opens and distributes mail for the department; handles outgoing mail
- Answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages, and redirects calls as appropriate.
- Design power point presentations, various marketing materials, and PDF documents, and board meeting materials.
- Coordinate logistics, catering, and execution of meetings and special events.
- Manage the President's Office conference room bookings.
- Prepare meeting materials and packets.
- Manage the purchasing of office supplies for the President's Office team.
- Continually seek to identify and employ methods to improve existing processes or solve complex problems.
- Assist the Manager of Board Affairs with projects and coordination of System-wide Board of Trustees and governance activities.
- Interfacing with executive-level professionals including the President, executive leadership, Board Members, as well as internal and external constituencies.
- Being comfortable learning and adapting to new technology to help accelerate the team's performance.
- High level of reliability, discernment, and commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail is a must.
- Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Office 365 Suite, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Understanding of various programs such as, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Diligent Boards, Groupize, GreenVelope, Concur, Workday, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe PremierPro considered a plus. Must be willing to learn these applications.
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports, including drafting and editing executive facing deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to manage immediate requests and regular job duties with a sense of urgency.
- Must be responsive, quick-thinking, collaborative, demonstrate a willingness to learn, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Willingness and flexibility to work outside regular business hours and the ability to travel, some remote work a possibility
- Bachelor's degree, will consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Preferred experience supporting advanced systems and experience with technology.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, TCS Education System has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.