Senior IT Auditor (Onsite Position)
Kennesaw State University
IT Support and Training
Job ID: 237828
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serves as IAD's liaison with the University Information Technology Services (UITS) department and assists in conducting security assessments of information systems and performing advisory services of varying complexity. Assess compliance with effectiveness of KSU and the University System of Georgia (USG) Board of Regents policies and strategic initiatives, evaluates internal controls and the availability, confidentiality and integrity of systems and networks. Serves on major system implementation teams as the internal control expert and observer and provides management with recommendations for strengthening operations.
- Plans and executes IT audits and consultations including, but not limited to, incident response, data security, systems development, change management, logical access, security policy implementation
- Responsible for device and server configuration, cloud and vendor management, computer operations, continuity of operations plan (COOP) and disaster recovery
- Drafts and finalizes audit reports to communicate observations, issues, risks and recommendations
- Serves as subject matter expert for identifying and assessing vulnerabilities and mitigation in system networks and recommending resolutions and provides assistance to USG's Executive Director of IT Internal Audit and external auditors
- Makes oral or written presentations
- Interprets the policies of KSU, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents, other state agencies, federal government and other agencies in relation to the performance of audit duties
- Communicates the progress of the audits, reviews, and projects to the Chief Institutional Auditor or designee and report any deviation(s) from established audit protocol
- Monitors and reports on the implementation of action plans responses
- Contributes to IAD initiatives, such as training, professional development and other projects, as requested
- Conducts operational, and compliance audits, internal control reviews, special projects, and investigations of varying complexities as assigned
- Develops detailed test procedures and audit programs to verify compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures
- Utilizes data analytics to enhance risk identification and quantification, increase testing coverage, and provide valuable business intelligence
- Collaborates and maintains productive client (faculty and staff) and KSU team relationships through regular individual contacts and meetings. Serves as a trusted advisor
- Prepares workpapers in accordance with International Standards of Institute of Internal Auditors and KSU departmental policy
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related technology field
Other Required Qualifications
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designations
Four (4) years of IT controls, information systems, information security, IT compliance, and regulatory standards
BIG 4 experience is preferred.
Experience using IDEA software and PeopleSoft and Banner systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to assist with the annual risk assessment and audit plan development process
Demonstrated ability in planning and managing multiple projects simultaneously
Able to communicate with a variety of levels of personnel
Able to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as work as an effective team member
Independently and proactively identifies and pursues professional development opportunities to maintain current knowledge of new developments in IT and internal auditing fields as applicable to KSU
Adequately documents audit work (narratives, process flows, etc.) to capture procedures performed, support conclusions reached, and identify internal controls and control weaknesses
Consistently delivers clear and concise work papers, status updates, and audit reports, requiring minimal edits. Writes clear and actionable audit findings and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Experience applying COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO, NIST, and other leading business and IT control and/or security frameworks
Knowledge of data analytics tools, data structures, and concepts
Demonstrates work successes utilizing project plans, issues logs, risk/mitigation strategies, governance risk controls (GRC) tools
Excellent planning and project management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Skills in researching, collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions
Exhibits honesty and integrity; holds themselves accountable for words and actions; shows respect for others; and follows through on commitments
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education+Credit Check