Temporary- Student Support Assistant
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Student Support Assistant - Quarantine and Isolation Housing
Boston College is seeking to hire both full and/or part-time temporary STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANTS for the spring semester. This temporary role serves as a part of the Residential Life COVID team with specific emphasis on working with students in Quarantine and Isolation Housing on logistical needs including mailroom package pick-up/delivery, addressing daily dining delivery/ordering logistics, in-room hospitality deliveries, as well as supporting the daily operations of the Boston College COVID housing.
Partnering with key stakeholders including Dining, Facilities Services, Housekeeping, the Boston College Police Department, Transportation and Parking, and the Connors Retreat staff to ensure that student needs are met while they are in one of these facilities.
The Student Support Assistant or Quarantine & Isolation Assistant provides logistical support for students in quarantine and isolation and works collaboratively to ensure that student needs are met while they are in one of these on or off-campus facilities. Primary duties include:
- Working collaboratively with the residential and health teams to address quarantine, isolation and student care needs related to COVID housing and education.
- Ensuring the logistics of food delivery are managed with the Dining Services Program.
- Working with Housekeeping to ensure garbage and laundry collection in quarantine isolation buildings is managed properly.
- Ensuring all onboarding supplies are available, ordered, and in stock at each location and adding them to the rooms when needed.
- Working with the transportation staff to manage the logistics of student travel to and from the hotels/PMC sites.
- Performing regular walk-throughs and remote check-ins of designated isolation and quarantine buildings to assure students remain in compliance with isolation and quarantine guidelines.
The safety of our staff and students is a priority during isolation and quarantine. Therefore, these roles will have access to PPE equipment and will work to maintain physical distancing throughout the shift.
This position will require significant walking and climbing stairs both inside and outside.
Ideal shift coverage would be 9am-3pm and 3pm-9:00pm, 7 days per week. Flexibility is key to ensuring full coverage so please share with us your availability.
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of customer service experience
- Ability to work follow protocols, work without supervision and demonstrate considerable initiative
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Evening and/or weekend attendance at university activities and work may be required
- Minimal travel required between BC, PMC and site locations
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.