Prospect Management Analyst
Prospect Management Analyst
ASU Enterprise Partners, a private, nonprofit organization comprised of five subsidiaries that raise, create and invest resources for Arizona State University, is seeking a Prospect Management Analyst to join the Foundation Operations team.
In partnership with research and fundraising staff members, the prospect management analyst will assist with the identification and management of major gift prospects and will assist in the development of strategies for engaging and cultivating major gift donors. The prospect management analyst will work in a highly collaborative environment, advance a sophisticated donor and prospect management system, and maintain strong partnerships with fundraising, technology, and gift and data administration teams.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with the research team, development officers, and other business partners to audit donor and donor relationship data, ensuring high-quality and accurate information that enables the directing, tracking and measuring of donor relationship building activities, development officer performance metrics, and gift pipeline forecasting
- Build a broad and deep understanding of prospect management and tracking, moves management, fundraising metrics and best practices to formulate and propose processes, training materials and policies
- Working with the Assistant Vice President of Research and Evaluation, enhance and improve the overall integrity of data in the prospect management system including monitoring engagement reports, major gift opportunities and prospect management information
- Monitor and update opportunity data within Salesforce CRM to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Develop reports based on and make recommendations for enhancements to constituent segmentation strategies
- Maintain and update individual biographical, financial, business, and relationship information on prospects within the donor database
- Work with research team on priority requests, donor research, and special projects ensuring that all deadlines are met with quality products
What you'll need:
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining a prospect tracking/management system, including prospect ratings, staff assignments, solicitation goals, and moves
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate's belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Advanced computer skills that include significant knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proficiency in working with information technology staff to realize information management and reporting
Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred with a minimum of two years' experience in prospect development, fundraising, financial analysis, and/or relevant experience in an academic setting. Strongly prefer candidates with understanding of and competency with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Relationship Management and Advanced Research Skill Sets.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects or meeting deadlines.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. This position may require some early mornings and evenings to accommodate meetings and events. This position currently requires you to work from the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Monday and Friday optional remote days.
ASUEP follows federal guidance which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances in which an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
This position will require a Surface/laptop computer, desk telephone, and mobile communication device ($30 bi-weekly payroll reimbursement).
ASU Enterprise Partners and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to promoting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our organization and throughout our sphere of influence. Because we embrace a spirit of innovation and achievement, we will endeavor to maximize the talent and potential of all employees, directors, and volunteers through bold and strategic action aimed at building success and a sense of belonging. All employees are expected to act in good faith to support these actions and to not impede the efforts of others to build a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive organization.