Director, Budget Operations, Fiscal Analysis
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 238099
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and third-largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission. Find your wings at KSU.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for overall budget and revenue planning including annual budget preparation, preparing fiscal analysis, reporting, dashboards, development and review of proformas and probable financial performance of growth/operational efficiencies initiatives. Provides strategic recommendations by analyzing, financial, operational and accounting data that support business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and University growth. In addition, this position will work on the capital budget and long-rage strategic planning process, collaborate with leadership to understand and support their Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and the budget impact.
1. Serves as primary in annual budget preparation and development
2. Develops and submits required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analyses
3. Prepares revenue analysis, projections and repots
4. Manages departmental business plans and associated fees
5. Assists with budget or direct retro to adjust prior period employee pay
6. Provides advanced level support for position management, financial and budget analysis maintenance for the university budget
7. Leads complex budget projects
8. Prepares operational budgets for departments
9. Recommends changes to systems and procedures to ensure compliance with budgetary provisions
10. Enforces and develops budgeting controls and procedures
11. Develops and runs SAS reports for the department
12. Assists as needed in SAS training and helps user's campus-wide in developing and running reports
13. Develops and maintains training materials, procedures and processes in budget operations
14. Reviews budget amendments and makes recommendations
15. Provides backup assistance for daily budget error review and correction
16. Responsible for monthly tracking and analysis of position vacancy lag
17. Provides approval of funding for positions (staff and faculty) in personnel electronic systems
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, Data Science, or related area
Five (5) years of related work experience involving Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, financial Analysis, or Financial Information Systems with at least four (4) years in a management capacity
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Eight (8) years of related work experience and six years in a management capacity
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to transition to other positions in the office as business need dictates
Able to effectively respond to campus budget stakeholders
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials, HCM (Human Capital Management) and
SAS programs and reporting
Knowledge of budgetary and position management processes
Knowledge governing rules and regulations as it relates to budget and financial processes
Critical thinking, analysis of financial data and trends
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=238099&PostingSeq=1