Career Services Advisor
Classification Title: MnSCU Academic Professional 1
Working Title: Career Services Advisor
Position Type: Staff
Division: Century College
Department: Student Affairs
Unit: Student Resources/Supp Svcs
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Work Shift: Days
Work Schedule/Hours/Days: Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm*
One evening until 6:00pm required
Salary Minimum: $20.91
Salary Maximum: $30.24
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 214, MAPE
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose:
This position exists to provide a range of career services to students and alumni of Century College. The Career Services Advisor supports the Career Services Department mission by offering one to one student assistance, workshops, classroom presentations, and events for students and other initiatives. This position oversees the student employability program and supervises work study students. This position responds to needs of college and students working collaboratively with program faculty and staff.
- Provide direct student support for job search readiness and internship preparedness through individual meetings. Record and compile data in conjunction to these services.
- As part of Career Services Team, present workshops, host special events, and create marketing materials related to job search readiness. Oversee the Century College job posting site.
- Design, coordinate and implement a student employability skills training program each semester.
- Coordinate daily operations of the Career Services Center including employer tabling and provide supervision for the Career Services work study students.
Required QualificationsMinimum Qualifications: (expected to have to enter job)
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience working with students in post-secondary setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to develop and present motivational and informational presentations to a diverse audience.
- Effective human relations skills: ability to develop rapport one on one, as well in a group setting.
- Computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and database software.
- Ability to organize and work on a number of assignments concurrently.
- Ability to drive - must have valid driver's license.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:(desired but not expected to have to enter job)
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or Related Field.
- Knowledge and/or experience with resume writing/cover letter construction.
- Knowledge of college processes and college degree awards.
Other RequirementsAdditional Requirements:
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver's license background check.
NOTICE: Century College regrets that we are unable to offer visa sponsorships or assistance with other immigrant statuses. An applicant must be eligible to work at Century College at the time of application.
AboutWelcome! If you are considering employment at Century College, you have made the right choice.
From the diversity of our campus, to the wealth of real-world experience in our faculty and staff, Century College is a great place to make a difference.
Century College is a community and technical college located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, on a beautiful 170-acre campus just minutes from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
As one of the largest two-year colleges in Minnesota, we serve over 21,000 credit and non-credit students every year. Century College offers a safe, friendly environment, and small class sizes, providing the supportive educational environment needed to help students achieve academic success.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AVAILABILITY:
Century College is committed to assisting all members of our community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Century College Department of Public Safety website at https://www.century.edu/home/public-safety
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can contact the Century College Department of Public Safety on East Campus room E1392 or by calling (651) 747-4000.
Link to Century College's Non-Discrimination Statement:
Benefits InfoGREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance-, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Posting Number: F077P
Number of Vacancies: 1
Close Date: 01/23/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Accept Applications: Yes
Posting Contact: Kim Claggett / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementMinnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.