Graphic Designer-Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Kennesaw State University
Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
Job ID: 237752
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and third-largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission. Find your wings at KSU.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the design, development and administration of graphics for advertising campaigns for both print and digital media. Ensures that the development of graphics meets the University's visual identity (brand) standards and client preferences across multiple platforms.
1. Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts that meets the university's visual identity (brand) standards
2. Maintains current knowledge of branding requirements of the university and incorporates them in projects accordingly
3. Researches and recommends new technologies and approaches to help achieve client/project goals
4. Exhibits functional knowledge of all phases of pre-press and print production, including graphic design and layout, proofing, multi-color printing, and finishing
5. Maintains electronic files of projects
6. Provides photography support if required
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides visual communication in support of Radow College and academic units
2. Produces high-quality, creative, impactful, and effective graphic design as a part of the college's communication and marketing team
3. Responsible for college visual communication and messaging to internal and external audiences, including magazines, brochures, posters, flyers, digital signage, branding, and banners
4. Responsible for compliance with strategic communication and marketing standards
5. Collaborates with RCHSS Communication and Marketing team and others; supports the college communication and marketing plan
6. Provides support for website and social media management, special events, Maker Space, and photography, as needed
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Three (3) years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree in Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or English
Previous higher education experience preferred
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred Qualifications)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to visually communicate the intended message to various audiences through advertising campaigns, booklets, magazines, posters, fliers, etc.
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Extensive knowledge of graphic design systems
Familiarity with a wide variety of mediums and their differences to achieve marketing goals
Knowledge of proofing blue lines and match prints
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237752&PostingSeq=1