Mental Health and Wellness Therapist
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for a
Mental Health and Wellness Therapist (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Facilitate brief, personal counseling/therapy to help students identify, understand, and make changes to personal issues affecting their quality of life, education, and/or work performance.
- Provides case management for students referred to outside providers through support, tracking, and follow-up in promoting student resiliency.
- Maintain confidential records and complete all case notes in a timely manner in accordance with Federal and State regulations as well as ethical standards.
- Coordinate care with student health services and off-campus mental health services, including helping students navigate community resources and connect with financially accessible services.
- Work successfully and sensitively with a diverse stakeholders, including students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Provide risk assessment and crisis intervention.
- Develop and implement mental health and substance use prevention and awareness outreach programs and initiatives such as QPR training.
- Along with other student affairs staff, promote wellness through various campaigns, promotions, and events.
- Consult with faculty and staff on student concerns.
- Build rapport and inspire confidence to attract students who may be in need of counseling/therapy services.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
- Participate in continuing education relative to the needs of the student population and network effectively with regional and national organizations
- Participate on University committees and regularly scheduled meetings as requested.