Assistant Athletic Trainer
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS FOR SPORTS MEDICINE
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of assistant athletic trainer. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC).
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the athletic training room.
- Travels with assigned team(s).
- Participates in inventory management and ordering of supplies.
- Assists with secondary insurance claims.
- Documents and maintains student-athlete PHI (i.e. physicals, injury reports, rehabilitation, etc.).
- Maintains appropriate communications with student-athletes, sports medicine staff, athletics administrative staff, coaches, physicians and insurance companies.
- Maintains appropriate communications and attends meetings within the department of athletics.
- Helps plan and coordinate physical examinations for all student-athletes.
- Helps develop, communicate and enforce Lake Erie College’s Athletic Training Policies & Procedures for athletes, coaches and insurance companies.
- May include many weekends (including Sundays), nights and holidays.
- Assists with managing the budget and makes purchases for the sports medicine department.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards, where student-athletes are empowered to leave lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
- Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
- A bachelor’s degree in athletic training, master’s in related field preferred.
- At least two years’ prior experience working in an intercollegiate athletics environment preferred.
- Must have strong team-building and management skills.
- Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Certified and in good standing with Board of Certification (BOC).
- BLS certification.
- Licensed in the state of Ohio or eligible to be licensed by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Training Board (OTPTAT).
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to email@example.com, (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Assistant Athletic Trainer Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ and http://www.lakeeriestorm.com. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.