Academic Community Engagement Coordinator (Hybrid) - Extension Services
West Virginia University Extension Service's Center for Community Engagement is currently seeking applicaitons for a Program Coordinator.This position works directly with faculty, staff, students, and community partners on high impact programs. Through reflective practice and innovative partnerships, this position supports and enhances the reciprocal learning and community impact of academic community engagement.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Assist faculty and staff with course construction and/or revision, data tracking, and establishing and maintaining community partnerships.
- Design and oversee the Community Engagement Academy for faculty emphasizing teaching practices and research.
- Build a Community of Practice for Community Engaged Scholars.
- Develop seminars, workshops, and other professional development activities with concentration on community engaged pedagogies and research.
- Work collaboratively with faculty on developing standards of community engaged scholarship.
- Lead continuous quality improvement through program evaluation and attention to leading practices in community engaged scholarship.
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate impact data/statistics from community engaged learning.
- Serves as instructional lead for the Service-Learning TA program. Teach one section of the SRVL 490 Teaching Practicum course each semester and continually update syllabi to correspond to the changes in the field.
- Coordinate the approval process for special designation of courses and facilitate the Faculty Advisory Committee.
- Develop programming for graduate students on community engaged scholarship.
- Create mechanisms to recognize and award faculty and students involved with community engaged practices and initiatives.
- Work to acquire funding resources to support outreach efforts
- Masters degree within 6 months of starting position
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience within the following areas;
- Teaching experience
- Experience with academic community engagement in higher education
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience that would provide the candidate with a thorough knowledge of higher education systems and structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of program development and evaluation
- Cultivation of long-term relationships with university and external parties
- Ability to present workshops to groups of various sizes
- Ability to work with faculty and promote best practice pedagogy
- Ability to research and promote service on campus
Valid driver's license
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 7, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes