Senior Facilities Warehouse Technician
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 237887
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission. Find your wings at KSU.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and services for campus departments. Ensures receipt, storage, control, issuance, inventory and delivery of materials according to established standards. Reviews and processes requisitions determines vendor sources and product availability. Assists manager in oversight over department staff and facility.
- Assists manager in oversight over department staff and facility
- Purchases supplies and materials according to specifications and guidelines
- Ensures adequate inventory levels of warehouse stock is maintained
- Establishes reorder points for supplies and materials
- Oversees allocation and distribution of supplies for the department
- Collaborates with other managers and departments to determine supply needs and fulfills requests as needed
- Researches and identifies new vendors and suppliers
- Maintains relationships and negotiates with suppliers
- Assists in forecasting and executing plans for future orders
- Maintains detailed records on procurement activity, acquired goods and specifications
- Creates, implements and maintains an inventory control plan
- Initiates and approves cycle counts conducted by staff
- Reviews physical layout of warehouse and makes adjustments to promote efficiencies
- Serves as the primary contact with the Environmental Health and Safety department to verify data has been correctly entered into online system
- Reviews and ensures requisitions are complete, appropriate and clear
- Responds to requests, questions and issues in a timely manner
- Assists with selecting, packing, shipping and/or delivery of orders and/or items
Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Four (4) years of related work experience in an industrial, mechanical or service industry
Additional Preferred Qualifications
DOAS Georgia Certified Purchasing Agent
Previous experience in Supply Chain, Materials Management and/or Purchasing
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to move and unload packages and deliveries
Able to operate material handling equipment (i.e. hand trucks and forklift)
Able to become certified in the operation of electric pallet jack/stackers Able to become certified (Team Georgia MarketPlace and Georgia Certified Purchasing Agent)
Able to successfully complete certification process in the following: KSU/DOAS Mandatory annual motor vehicle operator training, Clery Act training, KSU forklift training and Chematix online chemical training
Able to deal with multiple projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automotive and carpentry trades, tools, supplies, equipment, etc.
Knowledge of product sourcing options and purchasing protocols
Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Chematix, PeopleSoft and Market Place) Proficient in the use of warehousing computerized module
Strong attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Credit Report
- Drug Screening
- Standard Enhanced + Education + MVR
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237887&PostingSeq=1