Full-Time College Admissions Consultant
We are a thriving educational consulting firm seeking a full-time, salaried college admissions advisor to join our team. We offer a flexible work environment and supportive, thoughtful colleagues. Candidates with the desire to mentor and change the lives of students are strongly encouraged, and such individuals will find this position extremely rewarding.
We are currently seeking to hire individuals who live in, or are willing to relocate to, the Boston area. We provide relocation assistance for new employees. This position requires no travel.
The strength of Spark Admissions is in its company culture, which fosters a supportive work environment that is respectful, kind and collaborative. If you are interested in joining a team of supportive, brilliant, thoughtful, and creative colleagues, we encourage you to apply.
Roles and responsibilities of the admissions consultant will include:
- Meeting one-on-one with high school students and their parents to help guide them through the college admissions process
- Coaching students to reach their full potential vis-a-vis students’ academic, intellectual, and extracurricular profiles
- Supporting students with skill-set development to build their confidence and academic curiosity
- Working closely with students on essay development and all written materials, while providing constructive feedback on essay topics, structure, and writing
- Ability to handle high-stress situations and interactions
- Conveying expertise in all areas of college admissions
Skills and background required for this role include:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a selective university or admissions experience from a selective university
- A graduate degree
- An outgoing, empathetic personality with strong relationship-building skills
- A strong work ethic with a desire to constantly exceed expectations
- Proven, exceptional writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial, small-company environment
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- At least three years of work experience or combination of work experience and graduate school
Please do not apply for this role if you do not have the aforementioned skills and background.
Overall, we will favor fit with our culture above all else.
The Spark Admissions Consultant is a full-time, salaried role with a salary range from $70,000 to $100,000 based upon experience, along with bonus potential. Benefits include a strong Blue Cross Blue Shield health plan, generous holiday and vacation package, and ample flexibility of scheduling.
While hours are flexible, please note that the nature of this position requires that we meet with students when they are available: afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
All interested parties, please send a resume and cover letter to the following address: email@example.com. Please craft your cover letter carefully, as only applications with cover letters will be reviewed.