Director of Financial Planning
POSITION SUMMARY. The Enrollment Management Division at Loras College announces a full-time opening for Director of Financial Planning. This position will work on campus, not remotely. The position will assume leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and student-focused financial aid program, and the position is responsible for the administration, award processing, disbursement and compliance reporting of federal, state, and private funds and the management of the financial planning staff. Essential functions will include but not limited to:
- Utilizes the breadth of longitudinal data, best practices within the field, and an informed sense of constituent needs, to contribute to the vision and direction of financial planning within the Enrollment Management team.
- Develops policies and procedures which enhance the recruitment and retention of students through effective, highly visible, highly automated, and timely delivery of various financial aid services.
- Prepares and oversees financial aid budgets.
- Completes annual and ad-hoc audits and reconciliations.
- Administers federal, state, institutional and private aid sources, including: scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Submits annual FISAP.
- Maintains close collaboration with Admissions, Registrar, Business Office, Advancement Office Information Technology, Institutional Research and other campus constituents.
- Maintains positive relations with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE. Bachelor's Degree is required. Master's Degree is preferred . Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations required. Minimum of five years of successful and progressive experience in college financial aid or other finance-related or data management experience, preferably in a private, not-for-profit educational institution, required. Experience with Ellucian Colleague SIS preferred.
COMPENSATION. Commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. Fringe benefits include medical/dental/life/disability insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, tuition remission program, membership to AWC Fitness Center and Graber Sports Center/San Jose Pool, free admission to many college events and free off-street parking.
THE COLLEGE. Founded in 1839, Loras College is a Catholic, primarily undergraduate, liberal arts institution that includes pre-professional and career preparation programs, as well as several graduate programs. The Loras College community embraces the core values of truth, respect, responsibility, excellence, and service that define the way we work, behave, and relate with others. These values align with our college mission: Loras, as a Catholic liberal arts college, creates a community of active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision-makers and responsible contributors in diverse professional, social and religious roles. The student body consists of approximately 1,500 students, over 90 percent of whom are full-time undergraduates.
THE COMMUNITY. Loras College's 60-acre campus is located on one of Dubuque's highest bluffs, overlooking the Mississippi River at the junction of the states of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin, about 3 hours west of Chicago. Dubuque's population is approximately 60,000 and its nineteenth century architecture is woven into limestone bluffs and provides a picturesque backdrop to the river landscape. Many residential and commercial areas have been designated as historical districts to preserve Dubuque's unique heritage. Its strong education base supports numerous cultural activities, and in addition, there are sporting events, shopping facilities, schools, and churches that are convenient to its residents. The climate has marked seasons with a comfortable summer, cool spring and fall, and a winter that encourages a variety of sports that have in recent years attracted a growing tourism industry.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/ to upload their résumé. A cover letter is required to be considered for this position. Loras College prefers cover letters that describe what motivates you and how you understand and relate to our mission.