Contract Analyst (Multiple Positions) UPDATED
Posting Number: req8235
Department: Senior VP Health Sciences
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1670 E Drachman St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsEffective 1/12/2022 the posted salary range has been updated. This position is responsible for negotiating contracts with representatives of industry, federal and local governments, state-sponsored research, non-profit foundations, and other universities. This position will support the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) by negotiating agreements that bring external funding and other forms of support to University research, education, service, and outreach activities. This role will be responsible for working with faculty in the UACC to understand their needs, apply university policy, applicable regulations, and legal principles, and employ negotiating skills to successfully complete contracts. Additionally, the Contract Analyst will work closely with our medical partner, Banner Health, to coordinate contract negotiations.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, process, and negotiate assigned agreements, including clinical trial agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, and other research agreements as required. Coordinates and leads negotiations with internal stakeholders, sponsors, and our medical partners.
- Maintains a database to communicate the status of contracts and amendments.
- Serve as campus resource for principal investigators, study personnel and other University officials in the agreement review process. Assist in providing training to UACC faculty and other study personnel about policies, procedures, forms, laws and regulations related to university agreements.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in policy, laws, regulations and best practices regulating university agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of negotiating common contractual terms and issues related to contracting in oncology, higher education, healthcare, non-profit organizations, and/or the private sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to assess specific terms in the context of the entire agreement, making judgments on accepting risk in one area if it can be modulated by terms in another area.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, along with the ability to work within tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field AND five years' experience in a university, legal, healthcare, or business environment in research administration, contracting, business development, or research management OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
* An advanced degree such as a Master of Science in a technical field, a Master of Business Administration, or a Juris Doctor.
* Demonstrated knowledge of university and sponsor agency policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to think quickly and effectively in verbal negotiations.
* Demonstrated ability to seek and affect successfully creative resolutions to contract issues.
* Standout colleague who supports the team and is able to resolve issues with a positive outcome.
* Self-motivated, takes initiative, and a strong ability to multi-task multiple projects.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively with investigators, sponsors, and cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated customer service.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that is effective and efficient.
* Experience with UA systems, specifically UAccess Research.
* Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Willingness to work weekend and evening hours when necessary.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,000 - $65,997
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Grant & Contract Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Christine Gaul | email@example.com | 520-626-1542
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.