Faculty - BSN (Maternal/Newborn Health)
The College of Health and Wellness at Carlow University in Pittsburgh, PA invites applicants to fill a full-time (9 month) undergraduate faculty position to begin August 2022.
The full-time, tenure-track, position is to teach in the BSN Nursing program with responsibilities for teaching, service, and scholarship. Clinical experience in Maternal/Newborn Health is required. Expectations are consistent with the Core Competencies for Nurse Educators, described in the Scope and Practice for Academic Nurse Educators (NLN, 2012). Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
- Create an environment in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings that facilitates student learning and the achievement of desired cognitive, affective and psychomotor outcomes.
- Facilitate learner development and socialization, supporting students in the application of knowledge to practice, facilitating student autonomy in their specific healthcare role, and promoting self-confidence that leads to professional competency.
- Ensure students have access to learning experiences essential to their development as nurse practitioners.
- Represent the mission and values of Carlow University and the College of Health and Wellness to all.
- Serve as mentor, role model, and academic advisor for students.
- Engage in activities that are consistent with academic and professional standards.
- Use a variety of evidence based strategies to assess and evaluate learning in the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains.
- Provide timely, constructive and thoughtful feedback to learners.
- Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes, formulating program outcomes and designing curricula that reflect relevant health care trends and educational standards.
- Function as a change agent and leader to create the preferred future for nursing education and practice and enhance the visibility of nursing and its contributions to the academic community.
- Pursue continuous quality improvement by ongoing commitment to develop and maintain role competence.
- Engage in scholarship as defined by the Boyer Model.
- Participate in service to the university, profession and community.
- Valid, current, unrestricted Pennsylvania RN License.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching in an academic setting with nursing students.
- Evidence of relevant ongoing teaching and clinical expertise.
- Recent clinical experience in Maternal/Newborn Health
- Clearances - Upon hire and updated every three years to include ACT 153 Clearances (FBI Fingerprints, Child Abuse and PA State Police).
The full and complete application should include:
- Letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position;
- A complete and current curriculum vita outlining your scholarship, teaching, and service experiences;
- Names and contacts for three professional references;
- Copies of transcripts
Review of applications will begin immediately, but applications will continue to be accepted until two exceptional candidates are identified. Salary and rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the recruitment of underrepresented groups.