Assistant Director of Career and Professional Development
The Assistant Director of Career and Professional Development serves Manchester University students and alumni in career development and exploration. The position works with outside constituents to increase the number and quality of employment, internship and service opportunities available to Manchester students.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a career development, higher education, corporate recruiting, business development, corporate relations, counseling or human resources setting
- Ability to relate well to students and to provide educational services to address their career needs and motivations.
- Experience working directly with and presenting to students from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Knowledge of career development theory, literature and resources
- Demonstrated strategic skills with a proven record of follow-through and accomplishment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with persons at all organizational levels
- Strong writing and critiquing skills for resumes, cover letters, applications, graduate school materials, and other career related documents
- Professionalism with excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills exercising tact, discretion, and judgment in all areas of work
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, a motivated/enthusiastic work style, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer/web-based technology
- Working knowledge of career, recruiting, and networking systems, websites and apps
- Must have a valid driver's license
Work schedule: This is a full time, 12-month, exempt position. Forty (40) hours per week (8:00 am-5:00 pm) will be the general rule. However, occasional deviations from this schedule will be necessary to complete responsibilities. Occasional travel will be required to employer sites, networking events and the Fort Wayne campus.
To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer.