Posting Number: req8192
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona, Department of Medicine Business Office invites applications for an Accountant, Senior. Successful candidates will possess working knowledge of accounting, budget administration as well as having strong initiative and prioritization skills. The position responsibilities include the following: faculty and staff salary allocations, financial projections and reporting, account reconciliation, reviewing and approving financial transactions, collaborating with assigned Division administration and other staff to ensure compliance with sponsor and University regulations. Being the largest department in the College of Medicine and the only affiliated University with Banner hospital, the overall objective of the Business Office is to provide excellent operational and financial management.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and reconcile state, designated, gift, sponsored and foundation accounts utilizing University systems.
- Review and monitor departmental/grant/contract activity, budgets and balances for appropriate spending and compliance with various agency and University policies and regulations.
- Provide explanations and recommendations for operational budget variances.
- Prepare financial reports for sponsors, PIs and Division Chiefs.
- Reconcile payroll records, verify and monitor internal and external commitments, and create/manage funding plans.
- Reconcile effort for UA and Banner faculty, prepare adjustments as needed.
- Request, review, process and/or approve day-to-day business transactions with accuracy, completeness and in compliance with University and UA Foundation policies and procedures, including payment requests in UAccess Employee for incentives.
- Operationalize incoming grants & contracts, ensure alignment with contract budget and scope of work as determined by the sponsor.
- Handle the closing of grants & contracts as they reach project end, including verification of all revenue received, expenditures posting timely, and assisting Assistant Division Manager with final reporting.
- Assist with annual UA All Funds Budget, UA Budget Rollover, and Departmental Fiscal Year End processes.
- Review and adjust Banner Clinical Faculty effort on University funding sources including reconciling and submitting invoices for this effort.
- Ensure proper distribution of effort for Clinical Faculty is recorded in Banner financial data.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders to train and provide guidance on university/sponsor policy and procedure.
- Attend various department, division, and team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
*At least two years working knowledge and experience interpreting University and UA Foundation policies and procedures, and working within University Financial Systems. *Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. *At least two years of experience working with budgeted funds in a research or public service setting. *At least two years of experience reconciling state, discretionary, sponsored, and gift accounts.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $43,559 - $52,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Christina Champagne | Christinadc@email.arizona.edu
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
If invited for an interview, please provide three professional references.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.