Senior Business Development Strategist
Spark451 is seeking a Senior Business Development Strategist who is comfortable working with senior executives in the enrollment and marketing divisions at colleges and universities. This individual should possess 10+ years of experience in a leadership position within enrollment management or university marketing and communications. With your help, we are looking to accelerate our geographic growth in the southeast (south of South Carolina) and the midwest.
Spark451’s mission is to help colleges and students fuel their future. We are a digital marketing company focused on the higher-education industry. Spark451 provides highly customized enrollment marketing, student search, creative and digital media services to our customers.
We integrate a multitude of communication channels and digital platforms for effective student recruitment and advertising. We have helped our clients achieve and exceed their new student enrollment goals, and have amassed numerous industry awards in recognition of our strategic and creative work.
Why this role is important to us:
The Senior Business Development Strategist at Spark451 will be able to think strategically, is passionate about higher education enrollment and marketing, and has the ability to build relationships and a network of partnering schools in a specific geographic territory outside of the Northeast US. Our Business Development Strategists lead our sales efforts.
- Leverage your industry reputation and contacts throughout the southeast and midwest to develop a network of partnering schools.
- Strategize with potential customers and utilize Spark451’s solutions to help them meet their short and long-term enrollment goals.
- Customize business proposals in order to best address client needs.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the college or university’s businesses and the message they are working to portray.
- Execute business plans by working with Spark451’s Account Executives, Client Strategists, and Creative team in order to deliver the most effective solutions.
- Function as the primary liaison to certain higher-education clients on behalf of the company.
- Present project summary reports created by Spark451.
- Have held a senior leadership enrollment management or admissions role at a well-regarded college or university, with at least 10 years of higher education enrollment experience.
- Has a wide network in the southeast (mostly south of South Carolina) or midwest.
- Have demonstrated a record of increasing and maintaining a high level of new student enrollment.
- Confident and poised presenter with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in order to present Spark451’s brand to new and existing clients.
- Possess the ability to manage complex timelines, anticipate upcoming issues, and proactively work with Spark451 senior management to resolve such issues.