Faculty - Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Carlow University invites applications for a full-time core faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor based on the academic qualifications and experience in the new Doctor of Physical Therapy program, scheduled to begin in Fall 2023. This is a 12-month tenure-track appointment with an anticipated start date of Summer 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should have contemporary content expertise in one or several of the following areas: Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy, Biomechanics/Kinesiology, Evidence-Informed Practice, Research design and Statistics.
As founding members of the DPT programs, the faculty member would be in a unique position to help design a distinctive curriculum that develops physical therapy leaders skilled in contemporary physical therapy practice and is committed to the program's mission of advocating healthcare equality for all. The core faculty will be responsible for developing courses in their expertise; collaborating with the program director and other faculty in designing the program curriculum; interested in or familiar with using innovative teaching and learning pedagogies, including technology, and grounded in educational theory and research; securing and maintaining accreditation standards related to teaching scholarship, and area of expertise.
We seek an innovative leader with the following minimum qualifications:
- An earned Doctor in Physical Therapy degree.
- Earned Academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DSc, ScD, DHS, etc.).
- Physical Therapy Licensure in any United States jurisdiction with eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania.
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in musculoskeletal physical therapy.
- Has a robust scholarly agenda.
- Post-professional certifications/residency/fellowships related to orthopedics, sports, manual therapy.
- Prior experience with the CAPTE accreditation process.
- Previous experience in teaching both traditional and hybrid format, curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, and student advising in a Physical Therapy education program.
- Demonstrate a record of scholarship and professional service in physical therapy.
- Show enthusiasm to mentor other faculty in scholarship, service, and professional development opportunities specific to their area.
- Experience working with a diverse range of students.
The complete application should include:
- Cover letter outlining applicant's career highlights in the clinical and academic settings, interest in Carlow University, and specifically, how applicant's skills would help build a developing program.
- A statement of applicant's teaching philosophy.
- A complete CV outlining the applicant's clinical, scholarship, teaching, and service experiences.
- Please include two names and contact information of professional references and the applicant's relationship with them.
Review of applications will begin immediately, but applications will continue to be accepted until an exceptional candidate is identified. Salary and rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, Carlow University is a private, Catholic university whose mission is to offer transformational educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners and empower them to excel in their chosen work as compassionate, responsible leaders in the creation of a just and merciful world. With approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in four colleges, Carlow University is renowned for supporting an innovative learning environment whereby its foundational values of mercy, hospitality, service, discovery, and sacredness of creation are held paramount. Carlow University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is located within the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer by choice. We value diversity, and we are committed to the recruitment of underrepresented groups.
For questions, please contact:
Dr. Kunal Bhanot, PT, PhD, FAAOMPT
Associate Professor & Founding Program Director,
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program,
College of Health & Wellness - FWH 212,
Carlow University – 3333 Fifth Avenue – Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Phone Number: 412-578-6410