Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, Residence Life
Job Description or Duties:
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, the Assistant Dean will serve as the University Conduct Officer and coordinate special projects and initiatives for the Division of Student Affairs. The Assistant Dean is primarily responsible for providing vision and oversight for educating the campus community, students, faculty and staff, and upholding the Student Code of Conduct.
- Serve as the chief disciplinary officer and direct overall operations of the student conduct process for cases of misconduct for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Serve as University Conduct Officer adjudicating and monitoring policy violations.
- Conduct student discipline hearings, assuring standards of due process.
- Recruit, train, and oversee the student conduct board including professional and student members.
- Partner with Academic Affairs and act as a liaison to faculty and staff to educate students about academic dishonesty and enforce the Academic Integrity Policy.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of training and professional development for residence hall hearing officers.
- Stay up-to-date on local, statewide, and national issues, best practices and legislation that may impact student conduct matters.
- Develop proactive measures to educate, advise and counsel students regarding academic and student life issues as well as university policies, procedures and regulations.
- Partner with various university departments and offices to mediate student-to-student, student-to-staff and student-to-faculty conflict as appropriate.
- Partner with campus and local law enforcement to address conduct issues.
- Work with the Title IX coordinator to track student conduct for Title IX reporting, when designated serve as an investigator for Title IX complaints.
- Assist UNKPD with recording of student conduct decisions and the tracking of sanctions in compliance with the Clery Act .
- Participate as a member of the Crisis Assessment and Risky Environment (C.A.R.E.) Team and ad hoc member of the threat assessment team.
- Support student events that occur outside normal business hours and on the weekends.
- Serve as a liaison, and resource to, various constituent groups on campus, including Student Life, Police and Parking Services, Residence Life, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Athletics, and others, concerning conduct violations.
- Create innovative programs and initiatives to address student behavior and culture, develop and administer proactive plans to disseminate information regarding university policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison to central administration on conduct issues.
- Develop and maintain a student conduct website.
- Assist with appropriate revisions of publications related to the Student Code of Conduct.
- Complete ongoing assessment of the student conduct process.
- Collaborate with related offices within the Division of Student Affairs; serve on various university committees
Dean of Student Office
- Coordinate and collaborate division functions and operations through chairing the Student Affairs Professional Development Committee; Assessment Committee, and Student Affairs Retreat Committee and other divisional events.
- Provide support to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs and the Division of Student Affairs on projects and events.
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Loper eSports program, coordinating eSports events, marketing and affiliations.
- Help Associate Dean to coordinate assessment and outcome efforts for the Division of Student Affairs
- Assist in coordinating the retention efforts of the Division of Student Affairs in collaboration with Enrollment Management & Marketing.
- Develop, assist and help coordinate a variety of programming efforts for student affairs as needed.
- Serve on various university committees.
- Attend meetings, along with, or in place of the Associate Dean of Students, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelors Degree and four to five years of experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience in a related field. Experience adjudicating university policy violations. Understanding of best practices, policies, and legal issues in the field. An operational understanding of excellence in office management, office record security, and organizational efficiency. Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated leadership and public speaking skills.
Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or a related field with two to three years of experience and responsibility for student conduct. Demonstrated experience in training, mediation, and event planning.
HOW TO APPLY: To ensure full consideration, please submit all application materials before review date January 21, 2022. For more information and to apply visit UNK Employment Opportunities. For more information about the position contact: George Holman at email@example.com . For more information about the online application process contact: 308-865-8516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: With contingent offer of employment, the University of Nebraska will conduct an investigation of employment records, educational records, criminal records, and other records to verify the information provided in your application and/or any additional information you have provided is accurate. Salaries at the University of Nebraska at Kearney are competitive. The University provides a flexible benefits program at minimal cost to the employee. Benefit choices include a Medical Plan and Prescription Drug Program, Vision Care, Dental Plan, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and Reimbursement Accounts for Health and Dependent Care. The Employee and Dependent Scholarship program is also available to eligible employees. Basic Retirement Plan options include TIAA and Fidelity.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney, serving over 6,000 students, is one of four University of Nebraska campuses. Established in 1905, the University has a tradition of emphasis in scholarly teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a variety of disciplines. Kearney, a progressive city of over 33,000, is the educational, medical, cultural, commercial, and agricultural center of a large mid-state area. http://www.unk.edu/
For a copy of the University of Nebraska at Kearney's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Police and Parking Services or visit the website: http://www.unk.edu/annual_security_report