Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty - Med/Surg - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona's leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate Full-Time opening for a Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty member for Med Surg. As a full-time Faculty member, you'll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Sun City AZ. However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Metropolitan Phoenix area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations .
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching online / remote undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
- Participate in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Requires travel to student clinical sites in the greater Phoenix area to directly observe student performance
What you need:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience in medical/surgical nursing
- An active, current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Arizona or compact state
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Evidence of involvement in one's professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications)
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren't kidding, it's good!
#highered #faculty #teach #GCU #medsurg #nursing
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you're looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner's site at jobs.gce.com for more information.