Field Education Director and Core Faculty, Master's in Social Work
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota seeks an experienced and enthusiastic individual for the position of Field Education Director and Core Faculty member of the Master’s in Social Work (MSW) online program. This is a full-time, three-year, benefits-eligible position. Hybrid or remote work may be considered.
The Field Education Director and Core Faculty member works within a community of professionals dedicated to providing relevant, rigorous, and relational academic experiences for adult learners. The role is accountable for the overall administration of field education within the MSW program. The Field Education Director maintains the fidelity of the field program by providing guidance, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of its processes. This position will be essential in establishing and maintaining the field education component of the Master’s in Social Work program and will help the university attain accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education.
The person in this role must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution by understanding and supporting the alignment between the Lasallian core principles of Inclusive Community, Respect for All Persons, and Concern for the Poor and Social Justice; the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics; and the values of the Catholic Social Workers National Association.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have at least five years of direct experience in social work. Candidates with evidence of experience in the field and in higher education are sought.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must have fluency in English language.
- Be student-focused and have the ability to foster a positive and inclusive learning environment in online settings.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with adult learners, faculty and other professionals in academic settings and with community partners is valued.
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession of social work, social work education (including CSWE accreditation) and to serving marginalized populations; candidate must exemplify the core values of the profession as specified in the Social Work Code of Ethics as well as the core competencies specified in CSWE’s Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
- Understanding of online education and how to effectively engage students to maximize their online learning experience.
- Professional decorum and ethical decision-making.
- Creation/maintenance of a collegial spirit among students, faculty, and colleagues.
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills in recruitment, performance management, and coaching/counseling.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s of Social Work from a CSWE-accredited social work program is required, doctoral degree preferred.
- Five years of direct social work experience with a minimum of two years clinical practice experience and an interest in maintaining clinical practice preferred.
- Experience in higher education is preferred, which includes teaching, program development, and/or administration, especially experience with the CSWE accreditation standards.
- Hold a current LICSW or LCSW in the state of Minnesota or be eligible for a LICSW.
- Experience teaching adult students helpful, but not required.
Apply online at www.smumn.edu/careers and include a cover letter, CV/resume and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.