Virginia Tech's LINK, Center for Advancing Partnerships, supports the Virginia Tech community and its missions by engaging industry through a market-centric, holistic approach that leads to strategic partnerships, sponsored research, philanthropy, and recruiting and career opportunities for students. To support the aims of the Center, we are seeking a Project Coordinator to provide administrative, programmatic, and customer-focused support for a suite of activities designed to grow industry partnerships and alumni engagement to advance the ambitious goals of Virginia Tech. This position is key to the ambitious plans Virginia Tech is making to be a leading 21st century land grant university that delivers innovative solutions to the most pressing global challenges of our time.
This individual will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and adept at working in a faced paced environment to coordinate programs and activities, act as a point of contact to internal and external parties, break projects into doable actions and establish tasks and timeframes, liaise with LINK, Advancement, Colleges and leadership to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives, and execute the planning, hosting, and delivery of tasks. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Engagement.
- Senior administrative or project coordination support or equivalent office experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Solid organizational skills and experience managing projects and activities, including meetings and events.
- Must possess strong professional interpersonal skills for positive external communications and interactions.
- High-proficiency utilizing computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams, and Outlook calendaring.
- Experience handling confidential material.
- Strong time management skills able to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take ownership of the position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of related training and or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write professional correspondence using correct grammar without the use of a template.
- Experience managing a professional office.
- Experience working in development or fundraising.
- Experience using some form of enterprise management system
- A degree in communications, business, business management
- Demonstrated competency with adobe software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or Premiere.
Commensurate with Experience
February 7, 2022
This recruitment will fill two positions in partnership between the Advancement and Link offices at Virginia Tech. Both positions will be located in Blacksburg, VA. Neither position is eligible for telework.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kaitlin Winfreeat firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.