Outreach Coordinator - Dean's Office, Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
West Virginia University Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resourcesis currently accepting applications for an Outreach Coordinator.
About the Opportunity
As an Outreach Coordinator, you willl initiateand managethe Statler College's K-12 outreach, and diversity and inclusion recruitment initiatives. You will workunder the supervision of the Statler College enrollment coordinator to implement College strategic plans for K-12 outreach and inclusion efforts which include gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status, and first-generation populations.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
- (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
40% K-12 Outreach
- Develop and implement summer camp programs for elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Hire and supervise a team of undergraduate and graduate students to run camp and other K-12 programs.
- Develop and run K-12 activities throughout the year including ones focused on underrepresented student populations.
- Create and maintain relationships with K-12 organizations and constituents both internal and external to WVU.
- Generate revenue through entrepreneurial, fundraising, and grant activities partnering with the Statler Development Office and the WVU Foundation.
- Develop and coordinate K-12 activities that faculty include in their grants.
- Manage camp and K-12 budgets.
- Develop and maintain process for managing K-12 volunteers including required "Children on Campus" training and background check process.
- Coordinate student visits with the goal of increasing the number of individual visits per month.
- Coordinate undergraduate recruitment events.
- Represent Statler College and WVU at national conferences and local college fairs.
- Create communication and recruitment plans that support the WVU and Statler College diversity and inclusion plans.
- Coordinate and supervise student ambassador program which supports both K-12 outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate the Statler College Student Advisor Council which consists of representatives of all Statler College specific student organizations. This includes leading and advising student organization leadership; promoting professional development; coordinating student travel; and supporting on campus activities.
- Manage student organization budgets and track volunteer hours.
- Represent the WVU Statler College in university-wide meeting and committees.
- Support other college wide events including Engineers Week and graduation.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Bachelor degree in STEM discipline, journalism, or marketing OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
- Recruitment, enrollment, or related experience
- Mentoring of others
- Event planning
- Higher education or related experience
- Data or budget tracking experience
- Ability to develop and execute a variety of strategies and models for assessing and documenting College performance in outreach, recruitment, and retention.
- Ability to develop, maintain and use databases (Access, Excel, etc.) for tracking and handling highly confidential student information.
- Ability to effectively present to large groups of students and families.
- Ability and demonstrated knowledge of event planning.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop constructive relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects .
- Must be able to work with students, parents, high school teachers, counselors, and other educational professionals.
- Letter of Interest
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes