Minnesota West Community & Technical College
English and Literature
Minnesota West Community and Technical College seeks an English Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. We are seeking an individual who is dedicated to teaching, is committed to students, student learning, and student success. Candidates should be interested in participating in classroom research, outcomes-based assessment, quality improvement, and faculty development.
- Must qualify for Minnesota State Credentialing in English. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the Minnesota State Credentialing Website at: https://www.minnstate.edu/system/asa/academicaffairs/cfc/fields/500006.html
- Master’s degree with a major in English OR
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in English.
- Three years teaching experience working with a diverse student population.
- Experience with D2L or other online Course Management System.
- Understanding of the mission, vision, and core values of a comprehensive two year college.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Multilingual or multicultural background or experience working with underserved populations.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a student-centered, open-access community and technical college within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. The college provides transfer, occupational and career programs, workforce training, educational outreach and life-long learning opportunities. The College is committed to accomplishing its mission: Dedicated to serving the varied educational needs of our diverse populations in affordable, accessible and supportive settings. Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington and learning centers in Luverne and Marshall, Minnesota. Students have the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in more than 60 disciplines.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave. Tuition waiver for employees and dependents is also available.