Administrative Support Assistant II
Posting Number: req7570
Department: Chemistry & Biochemistry - Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsChemistry and Biochemistry is a dynamic department that reports to the College of Science and the College of Medicine. The main function of the Administrative Support Assistant II position is to directly support the Executive Assistant and Chemistry and Biochemistry Front Office.
The Administrative Support Assistant II will be assisting with the general administrative duties and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The position will focus on the department's communications, providing and preparing documents both in print and digital formats, maintain the departments databases, updating the website, providing a cohesive message across all platforms of communications.
The Administrative Support Assistant II will also assist with the seminar coordination, preparing, scheduling, setting up and breaking down room(s) and arranging travel reservations.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
Department Communications -
- Creation of print and digital marketing materials for the department (one-sheets, seminar announcements).
- Maintain and update Alumni database. constant contact database.
- Website updates-calendar, events, news pages.
- Create department communications print and digital. Including but not limited to the weekly digital newsletter, Catalyst Magazine digital and print and department email invitations for meetings and seminars.
- Assist in the composition, preparation, and processing of correspondence, reports, manuscripts, presentations, lectures, and other documents from rough draft, or digital voice recorder.
- Assist in the creation of printed material for faculty as required: correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Edit wording without changing intended message.
- Evaluate, prepare, edit, and process compositions, correspondence, reports, manuscripts, presentations, and other documents from alternate drafts.
- Assist in coordinating and planning departmental activities/events such as Advisory Board Meeting, Staff Townhall event, departmental breakfast, and picnic.
- Assist with projects and processes of the front office, updates of the mailroom, hallway directories, conference room calendars and scheduling, phone list, listservs, key request forms, logs, etc.
Seminar Coordination -
- Works with Faculty Coordinator Liaison and faculty host to obtain seminar dates schedule information.
- Coordinate all aspects of the speaker's visit by arranging airfare and lodging reservations, catering, invitations, flyers, and nametags.
- Crafts schedule for speaker visit.
- Crafts seminar announcements and posts printed and digital versions throughout the department and college.
- Processes and submits all seminar expenses, P-card paperwork, and all other receipts for reimbursement.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91-$19.23 (DOE)
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Lisa Arrotta, Executive Assistant, email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.