Surgical Technology Program Director *$3500 Sign on Bonus and relocation assistance available*
Job Location: San Diego - San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Education
*Third party candidates are not eligible for sign on bonus*
*One-time sign on bonus will be issued in two installments: New hires will be paid $1,750 on the first pay period of employment, and $1,750 following 90 days of employment.*
The Surgical Technology Program Director manages the instructors and the educational activities of the department and all classes both day and evening. The Surgical Technology Program Director will be responsible for the applicable accreditation standards or agencies regulations and the school Policy and Procedure department's curricula as stated in the catalog.
- Responsible for recruiting, orienting and supervising faculty members for the department.
- During an instructor's first year of employment, conduct an observation/evaluation two (2) times during the first month, once during months two and three and at six months of employment.
- Conduct an observation/evaluation at three or six month intervals (at least twice a year) for each faculty member and confer as necessary.
- Ensure that student evaluations of faculty are completed at the end of each term and summaries submitted to each faculty member.
- Assure correct scheduling and registration of returning students each period.
- Assist with student orientations.
- Review the student record for satisfactory progress at the end of each grading term of each prospective graduate to determine eligibility for graduation.
- Ensure that a syllabus, in proper format, is prepared and used for each course offered by the applicable department in accordance with policy #40.S.07.
- Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula in the department in accordance with policy #40.C.04.
- Complete and submit assigned reports.
- Conduct textbook evaluations for each course taught in the department and make suggestions per policy #40.T.03 for changes.
- Assist the Academic Dean with catalog review.
- Assure Department is in compliance with school catalog.
- Conduct and document regular department meetings.
- Participate in school and/or education meetings as required
- Develop, monitor and visit clinical sites as needed.
- Substitute Teach as needed.
- Participate in advisory committee meetings.
- Participate in self-studies for various accrediting agencies.
- Revise and update master syllabus for each course in the department ton a continuing basis per policy #40.S.07.
- Assist in maintain department equipment in proper working order.
- Coordinate with the Graduate Services Director all information pertaining to the externship placement of students, job openings, potential candidates, and any placement updates.
- Participate as directed by the Academic Dean in the supervision of externs, clinical sites, etc.
- Advise students regarding academic progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus Director or Academic Dean.
- An Associate's Degree is required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current credential in surgical technology (CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA)
- Current OR experience which is defined as a minimum of 3 of the last 5 years spent as a practicing surgical technologist and/or as an instructor in surgical technology.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a scrub role.
- Must be capable of teaching both the Clinical and Didactic aspects of the program.
- Management experience required or acceptable equivalency in Concorde Career Colleges experience.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Post secondary education experience desired.
- Must also meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to judge instructors' competence.
- Requires strong attention to details and a positive professional attitude.