Enrollment Counselor Manager, (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req8259
Department: Arizona Online
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Enrollment Counselor Manager is an integral part of a team responsible for the overall supervision, management and operation of the Arizona Online Enrollment Counselor Teams. The Enrollment Counselor Manager provides guidance, leadership and orchestration to the Corporate, Graduate, Core and Assistant Enrollment Counselor Teams ensuring team members are successful in providing a welcoming experience that assists prospective online students in building their connection to the university and establishing as a member of the Wildcat community. The Enrollment Counselor Manager will assist the Assistant Director of Recruitment with the execution of division growth, efficient operation, policy and procedure building, audit creation and other duties as assigned to facilitate strong foundational improvement of Arizona Online and all the members of the various Enrollment Counselor teams.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of four separate Enrollment Counselor teams.
- The Enrollment Counselor Manager will supervise anywhere from 10 - 20 Enrollment Counselors from the Assistant, Core, Corporate and Graduate Enrollment Counselor teams
- Execute successful onboarding of new team members by ordering and distributing essential equipment, requesting required technology access and adding team members to critical schedules and/or meetings
- Coordination with Human Resources of departing team members. Internal departure duties to include redistribution of student pipelines, meeting schedules, collection of essential equipment and removal of technology access
- Work collaboratively with various university teams such as corporate partnerships, training and quality assurance, communication and data management, university college representatives and other principal constituents
- Monitor Enrollment Counselor work efficiency through PureCloud Dialer technology ensuring daily project completion such as dialer campaigns and Enrollment Counselor coverage.
- Manage and execute all Enrollment Counselor student pipeline assignments to ensure equal distribution
- Creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports/ audits that will provide Assistant Director of Recruitment with vital information towards institutional goal progress
- Identify possibly training, shadowing and career growth opportunities while simultaneously providing a healthy work support system for all Enrollment Counselors
- Lead various internal Enrollment and Recruitment Committees dedicated to increased student enrollment
- Team lead for various Enrollment Counselor meetings.
- Identify challenges within recruitment and assist to find workable and valued solutions
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, strategic, flexible, and able to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities as needed in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work comfortably on the phone/headset for extended periods of time
- Enthusiastic personality with an affinity for teamwork and collaboration
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of related job experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience recruiting in higher education
- 6+ months call center experience in an inbound and out bound environment
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- At least 2 years of progressive managerial duties
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $50,000 - $58,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.