General Services Technician I - Emphasis: Delivery/Events - T2
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant Director, Grounds and Logistics
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student workers
POSITION SUMMARY: With minimal supervision, perform a broad range of tasks and duties associated with delivery operations and various activities supporting events. Depending on workload requirement, will also be required to perform grounds maintenance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through a work order system, as well as direction from others, provide routine internal and external pick-up and delivery tasks including but not limited to: furniture, event materials, shipping and receiving of campus deliveries, routine office and cleaning supplies, appliances, podiums, athletic equipment, etc.
- Provide various activities related to event and/or meeting preparation such as but not limited to set-up/breakdown of tables, chairs, stages, risers, pipe and drape, floor covering, etc.
- Inspect and report vehicle and equipment maintenance requirements, malfunctions and accidents. Perform minor repairs when possible and maintain cleanliness of all vehicles and equipment as required.
- Depending on workload requirement, perform work associated with the General Services division of the department, i.e. landscape, lawn, athletic fields, plant material, sidewalk, street, road, parking lot and outdoor furniture maintenance, snow, trash and recycling and minor equipment repair and maintenance..
- Assist other divisions of the department as required - structural and mechanical operations, custodial, etc.
- Participate in rotating one-week duration "on-call" system related to ice and snow events. This system normally extends from November through March.
- Comply with all safety procedures and work guidelines encountered in the maintenance and operation of institutional buildings and built and natural environments. Communicate issues to managers or supervisors; actively participate in training activities, seminars and safety meetings.
- Position is designated as "essential personnel"and is required to provide various duties and maintenance services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required during institutional closures, and duties related to emergencies, scheduled and unscheduled events.
- High school diploma or GED, valid Pennsylvania driver's license, up to one year of related experience, or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the requirements of this position.
- Knowledge and experience regarding transport and delivery processes/procedures and experience with hydraulic equipment is preferred.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring above average physical strength.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolds, etc., in ditches, freight elevators or other confining spaces, shovel snow and operate snow removal equipment.
- Possess the ability to work independently, under the direction of others, follow oral and written instructions, and work with other staff members as part of a team to create and maintain a positive, productive, safe and efficient work environment.
- Satisfactory background checks will be required.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now". Please attach documents as a PDF file.
Link to our DEI Action Plan: https://www.moravian.edu/dei-action-plan
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian University community. Moravian University does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, citizenship status, veteran/military status, disability status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Concerns regarding all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination in employment:
Leah M. Naso
Executive Director for Equity & Compliance (Title IX Coordinator)
210 Colonial Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding gender and equity in athletics:
Assistant Athletic Director (Deputy Title IX Coordinator)
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Report sexual harassment/sex discrimination online anytime (can be anonymous) at www.moravian.edu/titleix. Grievance procedures can be found in the institutional Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy at www.moravian.edu/policy.
Please visit moravian.edu/benefits to review benefits offered at Moravian University.*
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions and outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
Pursuant to the ADA, Moravian University will provide reasonable services and accommodation(s) to employees with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their employment, except when doing so would be unduly disruptive and/or result in undue hardship to the University. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis through documentation review and an interactive interview process that includes the employee's supervisor. Requests for accommodation or questions about this process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com or 610.861.1527. View the standard physical demands for positions at Moravian University. If this position requires additional or different demands, a Human Resources team member will notify you.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Please visit this link to review the benefit eligibility status associated with this position.ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Moravian University offers students a private education they will not find anywhere else: personal attention and preparation for life with a record of success longer than our nation's history. Located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and offering undergraduate and graduate degrees that blend liberal arts with professional programs, Moravian University has been preparing students for reflective lives, fulfilling careers, and transformative leadership in a world of change since 1742. Moravian University is a member of The New American Colleges and Universities (NAC&U), a national consortium of selective, small to mid-size independent colleges and universities dedicated to the purposeful integration of liberal education, professional studies, and civic engagement. Visit moravian.edu to learn more about how the Moravian University focus on education for all prepares its students for life-long success.