Lecturer of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Kennesaw State University
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Job ID: 237859
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology is the second largest engineering college in Georgia with over 5,000 students. Students receive hands-on learning experiences from industry-expert faculty in the University's state-of-the-art facilities to produce Georgia's next generation of integrated engineers, with technical knowledge, intellectual depth, and experience in professional skills. With two programs in the Top 20 largest programs, the college has the third largest African American student enrollment among engineering colleges. For more information related to the college, please visit the website at https://engineering.kennesaw.edu/index.php.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering has more than 775 undergraduate students and 18 full-time faculty members. The faculty are committed to growing a program which is nationally recognized for providing an outstanding education to aspiring engineers, as well as peer-reviewed research with relevance. Scholarship in the Department includes both industry- and government-funded research projects focused on the practical application of engineering principles.
For more information related to the department, please visit the website at: https://engineering.kennesaw.edu/civil-environmental/
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Civil and Environmental Engineering faculty position in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering beginning August 2022.
- Teaching undergraduate courses throughout the curriculum, with emphasis on Structural Engineering combined with some service activities that will include being the advisor of the Steel Bridge competition team to ensure student success.
- Teaching a variety of general engineering courses and other Civil Engineering courses with more focus on Structural Engineering and Construction Engineering Specialties.
- Masters, or foreign equivalent, in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Related work experience in teaching or industry
- An earned Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- More than five years of industry experience
- Professional Engineer license or being able to obtain a Professional Engineer license within 2 years
- Structural or Construction Engineering background
- Record of past teaching in higher education
- Ability or willingness to work with student competition teams to assure student success
- Experience teaching in various delivery modes
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- The names and the contact information of three references which KSU may contact
For full consideration, please apply by February 15, 2022. This position is open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Sunanda Dissanayake, email@example.com.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237859&PostingSeq=1