Department Chair, Clinical Psychology PsyD Program
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Xavier University of Louisiana in their search for Department Chair, Clinical Psychology PsyD Program.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a successful and well-supported program in a dynamic and advanced institution solely committed to and focused on psychology, counseling, and leadership for over 40 years. Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with an engaged student body and a professionally accomplished faculty who continue to enjoy a strong reputation and strong graduates with notable careers as well as a growing international presence. The next Chair leads a respected program with robust community relationships, excellent student placement rates, and accreditations in good standing.
The next successful chair is an academic administrator who provides leadership, mentoring, and long-term planning in the Clinical Psychology Department. The Chair supervises faculty and administrative services, evaluates curriculum, maintains program accreditation (PsyD), oversees student-oriented activities, and manages student enrollment, outreach, and recruitment activities. The Chair supports institutional initiatives and the development of new programs. Strong, inclusive leadership skills, flexibility, creative problem-solving skills, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession are essential requirements for this position.
The successful candidate joins a highly collaborative environment surrounded by motivated, committed, and supportive colleagues. The program boasts a good relationship with APA and all programs are individually accredited and supported by an accreditation department with dedicated personnel. The position is well resourced and supported. Additionally, the next Chair can hire and shape their own team. The position enjoys exceptional benefits and a generous retirement plan.
This position reports directly to the Dean – a well-respected psychologist and outstanding leader and mentor with exceptional experience leading PsyD programs in a variety of institutions.
- Maintenance of collegial and supportive relationships with relevant accrediting and professional bodies and completion of required reporting or documentation.
- Faculty committee and production assignments
- Facilitation of Program Faculty Governance and All Faculty meetings.
- Supervision and development of Program, Affiliate, and Adjunct Faculty to meet quality standards and goals as well as institutional priorities
- Oversight and coordination of the academic program to meet quality, relevance, and currency standards and goals
- Oversight and coordination of Student Affairs within the program.
- Development of viable new curricular offerings in the field.?
- Participation in research, writing and ultimate responsibility for any necessary self-study or program-related reports.
- Management of the student learning assessment plan and the program review process for the department to identify needed improvements to student learning
- Development of strategic academic and budget plans for Department, including recommendations from the assessment and program review process.?
- Achievement of departmental academic and financial goals. ?
- Outreach and recruitment of faculty and support of student recruitment.?
- Coordination or management of student training.
- Supervision of the Director of Academic Affairs, XULA to achieve department operational goals. ?
- Supervision of the teaching, advisement, dissertation activities, and other duties performed by Faculty members to meet department academic goals?
- Liaison to XULA-based departments including Office of Graduate Studies, academic departments, etc.
- Lead Chicago School representative on the XULA Campus. Responsible for some aspects of operations management with XULA-specific departments (Campus Facilities, Campus Police, Wellness Services, Plant Services, Campus Police, etc.
- Must be a licensed or license-eligible doctoral-level psychologist (APA accredited academic program) whose credentials and expertise are consistent with the mission of the department and the institution (preferred).? There is an expectation that the person in the position will obtain licensure in Louisiana.
- Teaching and academic administration at the post-secondary level as well as professional experience is required.?
- Solid people development skills with a focus on providing opportunities for faculty and staff to excel.?
About The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Their abundant curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Clinical Psychology PsyD Program at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Xavier University of Louisiana (TCSPP-XULA) in New Orleans is in its 6th year, received APA accreditation in July 2019, and graduated its first students in August of 2020. The program is unique in several ways including its affiliation with and location on the campus of the only Catholic Historically Black University in the country. The program is comprised of an incredibly and uniquely diverse, values-driven body of students who are invested in making a meaningful contribution to the mental health of their community. The program is also relatively small for a PsyD program with a current total student body of 44 students, two full-time administrative staff, 3 full-time faculty member, and one half-time faculty member. The program’s size and composition has allowed for a small close-knit community focused on the success of the students and the health of the community.
Living in the Area
A city of almost 400,000, New Orleans offers culture, music, history, and a lower cost of living than most of the United States. The city exudes a unique cross-cultural charm making it a favorite tourist spot as well as a proud home to many enjoying its arts, unique entertainment profile, and its French-accented Southern grace. A streetcar line easily connects the distinct parts of the city for residents, as well as continuous ferry line transportation that dates to the 1800s. Boasting the highest concentration of colleges and universities in Louisiana, New Orleans also has the third highest concentration of historically black collegiate institutions in the United States.
Nicknamed the "Big Easy," New Orleans is known for its bustling restaurant scene and vibrant live-music scene reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African, and American cultures. The embodiment of this festive spirit can be seen in its yearly Mardi Gras celebration - the late-winter carnival famed for costumed parades and street parties. For the Sports fans, professional sports teams like the Saints and Pelicans play and practice year-round due to the mild weather and warm winters. The sandy beaches of the gulf coast are all within driving distance, as well as quick flights to Florida or Mexico for weekend getaways.
You may apply directly at https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjy23ice
Please do not email your application materials. Only applications submitted through the link will be accepted. Materials should include a cover letter and CV.
Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to email@example.com
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.