Simulation Technician - Simulation Center
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Simulation Technician with the Simulation Training and Education for Patient Safety (STEPS).
About the Opportunity
The Simulation Training and Education for Patient Safety (STEPS) is seeking applications for a Simulation Technician. This position will assistant in daily activities to include, but not limited to, manikin and room set up, running manikin based scenarios, set up of task trainers, tearing down rooms and clean up, provide assistant to faculty, basic teaching, computer and audio/visual usage and trouble shooting.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 15annual leave (vacation) days per year
* 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
* WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
* 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
* Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Serve as a simulation operator running scenarios and operating AV system components. Ensure all equipment, including AV, is set up appropriately and in a timely manner for training and course activities.
- Install, replace, and configure simulation programs.
- Trouble-shoot problems related to the use of computerized manikins, AV equipment, and task trainers, both hardware and software systems. Ensures functionality of equipment for course requirements.
- Report any technical issues or risks to Simulation Specialists, STEPS Director, or appropriate staff that could impact on the delivery of courses and scheduled simulation activities in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations for budget and purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Maintain simulation equipment to a high standard, including cleaning and basic repair of equipment; ensure all equipment is in good working order at all times. Works with simulation specialists to create a schedule and log of preventative maintenance and technical activities.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of all simulation and skills lab supplies, materials and equipment and notifies appropriate staff of stock levels in a timely manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment function and updates.
- Participate in technical training and attend conferences/seminars to maintain current knowledge and competency with simulation technology and operation.
- Assist with special projects or initiatives, as needed and assigned.
- Attend meetings and participate in activities as assigned.
- Work effectively with learners, faculty, staff, and peers
Pay Grade: 12
- Associate's Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six (6) months of practical expereince..
- Background in basic patient care (EMT, Nursing assistant, medical assistant, etc.)
- Experience in teaching and or working in Simulation Education environment preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Office suite, as well as, internet and database applications.
- Experience trouble shooting computer and or audio/visual equipment.
- Medical terminology preferred
- Extensive experience with computer applications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Position requires ability to establish and develop relationships at all levels.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities or assignments and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
* At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
Job Posting: Jan 4, 2022
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes