Business Services Manager
The Business Services Manager reports directly to the Associate Director for Business and Finance and provides planning, management, and coordination of administrative and financial activities for the Business Services units including Parking, Fleet, Alternative Transportation, Mail Services, and Campus Connect. This position oversees and serves as the primary financial/accounting position for the departments operational processes, including financial management, billing, procurement, fixed assets, and other financial functions.
The incumbent will apply institutional knowledge of programs, operations, and administrative policies and procedures ensuring compliance across the business operations including recommending, testing and implementation of processes that addresses audit compliance and streamlines business processes. Using excellent judgment and decision-making skills to ensure integrity and professionalism. Maintaining professional and customer service demeanor in all interactions with a diverse clientele.
* Bachelor's degree in business, public administration or related field and/or equivalent level of training and experience.
* Experience using large relational databases for financial operations.
* Experience preparing and managing large complex budgets.
* Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures for departmental business functions.
* Proficiency in general computer skills and Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, business communication, and time management skills.
* The successful candidate must have the ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures; work with confidential and sensitive material and information.
* Work independently and in a team environment to handle complex projects, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
* Working knowledge of Banner, HokieMart, PageUp, and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Previous experience working in a business operations environment.
January 26th, 2022
* Work is primarily performed in a remote setting and requires long periods of sitting and repetitive motion through keying of data.
* On occasion may work additional hours to meet the needs of the department.
* Position requires standing, reaching, walking, bending, and pushing/pulling.
* Ability to work in locations that may be dusty, noisy and have strong fumes.
* Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
* Must have an acceptable and safe driving record.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.