Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 237302
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Oversees and coordinates work activities of cleaning personnel. Performs housekeeping and janitorial duties to maintain assigned offices, restrooms, public areas and/or residence buildings. May oversee a staff and assist with minor repairs.
1. Cleans assigned buildings including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, collecting trash and wiping waste and recycling receptacles, etc.
2. Uses required safety and protective equipment
3. Waxes and refinishes floors, and shampoos carpets
4. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, showers, and locker rooms and replenishes paper towels and soap dispensers
5. Collects, launders, and dries mop heads and cleaning rags
6. Inspects equipment to determine need for new parts, repairs, overhaul, or replacements
7. Delivers supplies to assigned buildings and accesses online work orders and event requirements
8. Collects and delivers special events equipment and performs setups and take downs
9. Operates KSU vehicles and equipment (i.e. Gator, golf carts, box trucks, and vans)
10. Mixes cleaning solutions to appropriate strength
11. Assists in training staff
12. Oversees staff in assigned area(s)
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Mechanical and/or technical knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237302&PostingSeq=1