Posting Number: req7774
Department: Cellular & Molecular Medicine
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine (CMM) is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Associate to provide administrative support to faculty and the department business office. The candidate must exercise a high degree of professionalism, organization, discretion, initiative, and reliability. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, and have the ability to distinguish priorities. Skills in communication and computer proficiency are needed.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Department Head and Department Administrator on an as-needed basis.
- Create and monitor work orders and requests through Facilities Management, Property Administration, and IT services.
- Participate in the equipment inventory process.
- Daily mail distribution.
- Initiate requisitions/purchase orders, purchase order amendments, and closes out purchase orders.
- Process payments and reimbursements.
- Process reimbursements through the UA Foundation.
- Process Travel reimbursements.
- Prepare Phenotype Core invoices.
- Initiate general expense transfers as needed.
- Purchase office supplies for business office.
- Manage department key requests and the inventory log.
- Reconcile P-Card transactions.
- Send out timesheet reminders to hourly employees and timesheet approving reminders to supervisors.
- Provide building access to students and new employees.
- Assist with the coordination of seminar speakers, retreats, and other department events. Includes setting up food, chairs, tables and assist with clean up.
- Assist department program coordinators with academic programs as needed.
- Assist with department announcements and listserv needs.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Experience preparing and processing travel requests and expense reports. *Working knowledge of UAccess Financials. *Knowledge of UA policies & procedures. *Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91 - $20.16
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jennifer Jones | 520-626-4742
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.