Lead Mobile Dining Attendant, The Commons
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 236474
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves our guests through oversight and execution of gathering, organizing and fulfilling food orders from our mobile ordering partner for pick up in the Residential Dining halls.
- Maintains a clean, well-organized, stocked and sanitary work environment at all times
- Ensures food quality, including tasting food for quality control
- Responsible for supporting shift leader with ensuring compliance with food safety regulations
- Responsible for supporting shift leader on Mobile Order edits, system maintenance, mobile order specials and Limited Time Offer's (LTOs)
- Maintains awareness of daily menu items and meal plan knowledge
- Responsible for supporting shift leader with tracking Mobile order transactions, fulfillment of mobile orders in a timely manner and handling guest questions or concerns
- Serves guest in a friendly and enthusiastic manner
- Oversees and has hands on involvement with execution of gathering and fulfillment of all mobile orders
- First point of contact for Customer Service Specialist & Mobile Dining Attendants
- Oversees and performs inventory as needed and opening and closing checklists
- Lead assigned staff in a station through hands on training, rotation of breaks and execution of daily service needs
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of experience in restaurants, quick service restaurants or in curbside pickup or retail fulfillment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience using a Kitchen Display Screen or Online Ordering System
Previous experience leading a team of associates
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of food service terminology
Knowledge of sanitation regulations and food handling procedures
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- Standard Enhanced
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236474&PostingSeq=1