Posting Number: req7859
Department: Research Innovation & Impact
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Associate Vice President of University Research Institutes (AVPURI) in the division of Research, Innovation and Impact (RII) is in search of an Executive Associate who will provide executive-level support. The incumbent will provide high-quality administrative support including managing complex calendars, scheduling meetings and events, serves as the primary contact and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in the role the incumbent must be professional, proactive, confidential, be able to communicate effectively and professionally with strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. The ability to work independently and be self-motivated is highly important in order to identify and address the needs of RII senior leadership. Be able to work successfully under pressure with deadlines to discretely handle a variety of activities and confidential matters.
Research with a bold, distinctive and differentiated vision
The Office for Research, Innovation and Impact supports the world-class research enterprise at the University of Arizona, which is ranked among the top 20 public universities nationwide with more than $734 million in research activity. Our researchers continue to forge innovative pathways, form powerful collaborations and make remarkable discoveries.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison with internal and external groups/offices/constituents for the AVPURI office.
- Serves as staff and resources person, handling confidential and delicate matters related to personnel and business affairs.
- Manages complex calendars and triage emails including composing and responding to communications with a diverse range of the campus community.
- Draft letters, memos and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Responsible for managing the workflow related to faculty promotion and sabbatical processes for continuing status and career track faculty positions within RII.
- Arranges meetings, coordinates distribution of information for meetings, anticipates and prepares required materials as needed (gather, compile, verify, analyze and prepare information for the executive's use in documents such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, presentations).
- Initiates and prepares documents such as Travel, Purchase Requisitions, Check Requests, P- card orders. Serves as the reconciler on P-card transactions.
- Assists with special projects and events which are highly complex and impactful to the division or college.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Executive Associates and administrative support personnel ensuring day to day activities run smoothly and expectations are clear.
- Coordinates search activities for positions in AVPURI office. Aids in drafting position announcements. Schedules search committee meetings. Maintains recruitment records.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.