Principal Lecturer III of Family and Community Medicine (req18101)
Employment Type: Faculty
Family Community Medicine FCM (160B)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
Title: Principle Lecturer III - Health Policy Educator
Job Description: The Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of New Mexico (UNM) School of Medicine seeks a Lecturer who will be responsible for teaching classes in the medical school. Responsibilities include mentoring students on health policy and health system science topics such as cost, quality, insurance, and determinants of health. Experience with guiding student research projects and have an active role with outside local, national, and international organizations to provide excellent student experiences.
What We Are Known For
- Mission-driven focus on improving health equity
- National and international reputation for educational innovation
- Providing care to underserved and vulnerable populations in Patient Centered Medical Home models of care
- Innovative models of intergenerational primary and preventive care
- #11 US News and World Report national ranking of top family medicine departments
- #5 US News and World Report national ranking of most diverse medical schools
- #40 US News and World Report for most graduates practicing in primary care fields
- Residency program that draws many of the nation's top Family Medicine candidates
- Fellowships in Maternal Child Health, Sports Medicine, and Addiction Medicine
- Scholarly agenda focused on disparities, health services, and prevention
- Mentorship and faculty development
- Supporting and enhancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the academic medical environment
We are nationally and internationally known for educational innovation. Areas of departmental educational expertise include social determinants of health, community health and engagement, culturally effective care, addiction medicine and point of care ultrasound. Our faculty are major contributors to the education of medical students and PA students at UNM and our residency program provides opportunities for rotations in both rural and underserved settings as well as UNM rotations.
- We have several Fellowships including Maternal Child Health, Sports Medicine and Addiction Medicine.
- We boast a large number of residents practicing in New Mexico
- We host a 3rd year Family Medicine clerkship for all medical students
- We are the departmental home of the UNM Physician Assistant Program
About Albuquerque, New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM is a beautiful city with Sandia Mountains to the east and mesa to the west. At more than a mile-high elevation, this high desert environment provides beautiful sunny days but also the variety of all four seasons. It is ideal for outdoor activities and sports all year-round including running, hiking, biking and skiing. Albuquerque is 1 hour from Santa Fe, NM and 2.5 hours from Taos, NM, both world famous for their art and culture. The State of New Mexico is multicultural and diverse with 19 indigenous native pueblos, Navajo reservation and three Apache tribal lands. We have excellent local cuisine, breathtaking sunsets, numerous cultural and historic sites, lakes, rivers, deserts and mountains.
Salary and lecturer rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.Qualifications
- PhD degree
- 5 years of experience teaching in a health-related field
- Eligible to work in the US
- Experience working with health policy
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary setting
- Ongoing involvement with state, national, and international health related organizations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Record of scholarship (e.g. publications, research, presentations)
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please attach a Cover Letter and CV. For assistance with the application process, contact FCM-HR@salud.unm.edu.For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 12/8/2021. This position will remain open until filled.