Program Coordinator - Office of Health Affairs
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for Program Coordinator
About the Opportunity
The Office of Health Affairs at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator located in Morgantown, WV. This position will act as the coordinator for Project Management Office (PMO) for the Office of Health Affairs. West Virginia University's Office of Health Affairs frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia's Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). This position requires a wide range of skills and knowledge of state programs, policies and procedures. This position will report directly to the Director of Project Management Services.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
* 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
* WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
* 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
* Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Develop comprehensive reports on ongoing programs and submit summary reports to management each month
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals as they pertain to the Director of Project Management Services
- Ensure accurate implementation of policies and practices associated with state funded contracts
- Maintain an updated list of program contact information
- Research and share funding opportunities with all public and private stakeholders
- Assist with program audits, as needed
- Attend bureau, public, and program meetings on an as needed basis by the Office of Health Affairs
- Develops and recommends new or revised program goals and objectives as requested of required by the Director
- Maintains budget and tracks expenditures/transactions as required
- \Conduct and/or review query analysis as needed
- Project management as requested by the state or Office of Health Affairs
- Oversees daily operations, coordinates activities of the program, and determines priorities
- May develop and/or facilitate workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Coordinates activities and/or functions in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications.
- Tracking and reporting on project milestones
- Assisting in contract and sub-contract issues
- Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment. Master's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years experience:
- Administrative/coordinator program experience.
- Healthcare administration experience or similar; preferably with a focus on policy and procedure
- Relevant experience with grants
- Experience with healthcare funding
- Knowledge and understanding of state Department of Health and Human Resources programs
- Excellent organizational, verbal/written communications and interpersonal relationship skills are essential to this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications
- Ability to interface with various levels of state personnel
* At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
* West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Nov 23, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes