Sr. Associate Director of Admissions
Alma College is seeking an ambitious, dedicated admissions professional passionate about inspiring incoming students. Responsibilities of the role include directly managing office operations. The Sr. Associate Director will also be responsible for managing a select recruitment territory to include but not limited to Oakland county. Additionally, the Sr. Associate Director will contribute to the college’s strategic plan by increasing Alma College’s student enrollment population.
The Sr. Associate Director will be engaged in long-range planning and the implementation of internal strategies that will sustain current programs as well as a complex marketing/communications strategy designed to achieve enrollment objectives.Essential Responsibilities:
- As needed, will serve as a proxy for the Associate Vice President of Enrollment in her absence with supervision, representing the college officially, and office operations.
- Assists AVP in developing, evaluating, interpreting and enforcing admissions policies, procedures and strategies and serves as an authoritative source of such information.
- Responsible for office operations including schedules, workflow, quality control and customer services.
- Assists in developing innovative and strategic recruitment ideas leading to greater outreach efforts. Works to expand collaborative efforts in the recruitment of high achieving students.
- Manages departmental search and selection procedures/ practices; oversees hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of both the administrative and classified support staff. Consults with AVP on department organization and reviews all job classifications and descriptions.
- Advises the AVP of the current trends and changing demographics, locally and regionally, as they may affect and impact student admissions in enrollment management negiotiations.
- Prepares studies, reports and recommendations for AVP and oversees the revision of informational and promotional materials and forms.
- Coordinates special initiatives, as needed
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of Alma College academic programs and offerings.
- Participate in admissions, enrollment and retention programs for new students.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive strategic recruitment plans for the selected recruitment territory.
- Engage prospective students, and their families in one-on-one meetings, present to large groups, host counselor update meetings, serve as a resource and liaison for the college regarding applicant and enrollment student needs.
- Travel in person to high schools, hosting college day/night programs and attending various student receptions and activities.
- Review and evaluate application-related materials and maintain confidential student records.
- Accurately enter all necessary data into an electronic contact management system to produce a log of inquiry and direct student follow-up through text, phone and email channels.
- Participate in the development and implementation of multi-layered outreach related events and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years of admissions experience in increasingly responsible positions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and evaluate multiple levels of staff.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to connect and build relationships with prospective students, families, and key constituents at the high school and community college level
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references, via email to email@example.com. For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/3085-application-foremployment.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Alma College recognizes that we are all transformed when we celebrate and value the varied identities backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in our campus community. We are committed to recognizing and removing barriers to success and providing equitable access to opportunities through education and advocacy. In our increasingly diverse campus and world, we pledge to create a climate where everyone is safe and free to grow intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.