Multimedia Operations Coordinator
WORKING TITLE: Multimedia Operations Coordinator
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Media Operations Specialist
POSTING DATE: November 23, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to Associate AD for External Operations and oversees all live and creative video productions and multimedia efforts for the Green Bay Athletics Department. Primary responsibility includes executing and coordinating live video production stream to ESPN platforms for select sports and other media outlets as designated. Helps create and design marketing and promotional video content. This position will also assist with the day to day efforts in the Athletics Communications office, include sport coverage, and website maintenance.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversees all video and multimedia efforts for the Green Bay Athletic Department, working with all resources and staff within Phoenix Athletics.
- Coordinates production of all live video events (over 50 events per year) on ESPN+ and other platforms. Supervises all game-day production staff; determines schedules for staffing and equipment for all live broadcasts.
- Creates highlight and promotional video content that will appear online, on video boards, and be disseminated to media as well as various other platforms.
- Shoots and edits feature content for Green Bay Athletics social media channels and greenbayphoenix.com.
- Produces high-quality video features to highlight the University’s student-athletes.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, faculty, co-workers and managers.
- Trains all video production staff and gives constructive feedback.
- Keeps up to date with all emerging technology. Makes recommendations about future equipment needs.
- Liaison to television networks that broadcast Green Bay Phoenix home events.
- Consistently post highlights for home athletic events.
- Create individual and team feature videos for content on social media and athletics website.
- Film and edit press conferences, assist with media interviews.
- Create promotional videos for ticket sales and marketing efforts.
- Help create and design content for video boards and operate/update all aspects of the board.
- Work with Learfield on all sponsorship opportunities tied with gameday to abide by contractual agreements, board, graphic/ video creations, and ESPN events.
- Assist with in-game script writer to showcase all in-game promotions and marketing.
Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, video production or related field
At least one year of professional experience in multimedia, video production, new media or related field
Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in working with a diverse community
Work independently and as part of a team environment and on collaborative efforts
Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of live video production equipment, including but not limited to TriCaster and 3play machines
- Familiarity with Daktronics ShowControl system
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier or corresponding software on the PC.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, AfterEffects or equivalent graphics software
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resources.CAMPUS INFORMATION:
Established in 1965, UW-Green Bay is a public institution serving 8,970 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students and 95,000 continuing education learners each year. We educate students from pre-college through retirement and offer 200+ degrees, programs and certificates. UW-Green Bay graduates are resilient, inclusive, sustaining and engaged members of their communities, ready to rise to fearlessly face challenges, solve problems and embrace diverse ideas and people. With four campus locations in Marinette, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan, the University welcomes students from every corner of the world. In 2020, UW-Green Bay was the fastest growing UW school in Wisconsin. UW-Green Bay works to ensure faculty and staff achieve their full potential as valued employees with its commitment to creating an environment that recognizes, values and respects the differences we all bring to the workplace, allowing everyone to do their best work. Employee testimonials can be found at #WhyUWGB. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community website. For Campus Safety information, see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 if you would like a paper copy.SPECIAL NOTES:
This position requires a varying schedule that includes significant night and weekend hours. Occasional travel may be required.
Position is a full-time Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community that welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Monday, December 13, 2021.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
UW System provides an excellent benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees. This includes several health insurance options, with annual deductibles as low as $250/individual and $500/family. Our benefits package also includes dental, vision, several life insurance options, AD&D and Accident insurance and Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts. We participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), where employer contributions begin immediately and employees are fully vested after 5 years of service. The UW System also provides supplemental retirement savings programs including a 403(b) and Deferred Compensation.
In addition, employees receive several types of paid leave benefits, which are prorated for employees working less than 100%. This includes 9 legal holidays, 36 hours of personal holiday and between 96-130 hours of sick leave annually. Employees earn 13-27 days of vacation each year, depending on years of service and employment type.
For more details, please review the links below.
- UW System Employee Benefits Brochure: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/benefitsbrochure.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2116