Business Analyst, Finance
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 236491
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves as the liaison between functional and technical teams by understanding and conceptualizing applications from each area's point of view. Responsible for conducting financial data analysis, design, collection, and report solutions to satisfy and support financial stakeholders. Monitors the quality of various technical and functional business processes, identifies data issues, and provides resolutions. Responsibilities will include collecting requirements, developing reports and dashboards, testing, assisting with the implementation of new software applications, process improvements, and training to support the objectives of the Institution.
- Interfaces with clients to define business processes, specifications, reporting needs, and functional requirements
- Designs report and dashboard mock-ups to effectively meet business needs
- Documents system processes, functionality and implements improvements as applicable
- Develops and maintains user manuals, training documents and guidelines
- Conducts meetings with end users to clarify issues, gather requirements, and resolve requests
- Devises test plans to ensure that the outcome meets the specified requirements and expectations of business users
- Develops and implements reports and dashboards to provide up-to-date information on functional actives
- Maintains issues log and collaborates with team to mitigate risks and proactively searches for improvement opportunities
- Prioritizes problem resolution based on business need, timelines, and scale of impact
- Presents data resolution findings to relevant stakeholders with recommendations to ensure business needs are meet
- Designs, builds, implements, and maintains Oracle SQL scripts and procedures in Oracle backend finance data warehouse SQL development software
- Consults finance users on current and future data visualization and reporting solutions to identify customer needs
- Provides backup support for operational and technical processes, and system changes
- Administrator of PeopleSoft eProcurement responsibilities
- Hosts training sessions on the system applications
- Maintains content on the department and division webpage
- Maintains financial data integrity
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Four (4) years previous experience in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or Systems Analysis
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of fund accounting, budget and finance
- Strong IT and Financial skills
- Experience with reporting/query tools and coding in Tableau, SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Oracle Databases, and/or SQL (or gathering data from other relation database systems)
- Extensive experience in data analysis, dashboards, analytics and decision support systems
- Experience successfully working as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Able to work autonomously and with managers to ensure business requirements and needs are met
- Able to communicate in financial and technical terms
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to the end-users
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Able to understand programming concepts such as structured and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of database concepts such as schemas and data relationships
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Familiar with API concepts such as web services
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236491&PostingSeq=1