Kennesaw State University
Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts
Job ID: 236628
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Identifies, defines and develops funding sources to support existing and planned program activities. Leads the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies. Grant management of federal funding as needed.
1. Generates high-quality institutional proposals, narratives, applications, and supporting documents in response to solicitations consistent with all policies and procedures of KSU, and the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies
2. Responsible for the preparation of proposals and grant applications
3. Responsible for professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to federal grant opportunities in areas that support Kennesaw State University and efforts with Diversity and Inclusion programs
4. Responsible to lead Institutional-Level federal grant proposals that support Diversity and Inclusion
5. Researches and identifies new government, corporate, and private funding prospects to match University priorities
6. Meets regularly and works with appropriate research faculty to research, develop, write, and discuss current and new funding related to the area of expertise and research field
7. Serves as a primary liaison to all funding agencies and organizations concerning Diversity and Inclusion awards and grants
8. Coordinates and track the progress of submitted proposals, by actively maintaining grant schedules and tracking grant progress
9. Coordinates with Sponsored Programs Administration to create expenditure and income budgets to accompany proposals
10. Upgrades and maintains Grants Manual procedures and IRB in cooperation with the Office of Institutional Equity
11. Remains up to date on current issues relative to grant proposals
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Three (3) years of grant and/or contract writing experience
Experience should demonstrate a proven track record of securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify opportunities for KSU academic, diversity and inclusion, and research.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
A proven record of securing major grants with certifiable references
Knowledge of grant application process, scoring criteria, and funding cycles
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Previous federal grant application, submission, approval, and management of funds
Previous experience with higher education grant writing with a Diversity and Inclusion focus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Proficiency in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236628&PostingSeq=1